Bleeding has started again

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all hope you are all well and bearing up, so since my scare last weekend regarding temparture and beiung told to reduce my steroids down from 60mg to 30mg, well i am now on 30 but the last few days i have started to lose fresh and old blood again and stools are all slimy nasty loose and frequent, i am getting quite fedup keep going back to the hospital and doctors only to have the drugs played with, at present I am on 4grams Pentasa 30mg Steroids, 30 mg Lanzoprole and 40mg Citilipram. I eat healthy as i can with a breakfast of poached eggs on toast or toast and a fruit smoothis i take additional vitamin supplements. I heat sandwichs and have a light tea drink plenty of water and other fluids. However i am a loss on what to do, as today i have frequently go to the toilet and feel not right, any advice or guidance many thanks in advance John

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi John.

My colitis got worse when my steriods were cut back. I ended up back on a higher dose.

Food.

Junk food per see doesn't exsist. If one continually eats the same thing then it becomes unhealthy. So a Big Mac won't hurt providing its not every day.

You must eat meat. Shepards pie is ideal.

Exercise is important

So is sleep.

Good luck

Bob

• Posted

Hi John. U might need to up steroids and only drop by 5 to 10 mgs when u taper. Re fruit smoothies.....with some people their uc does not tolerate fruit well....it's the fructose ....hav u googled psyllium husk and psyllium seed...it can be helpful plus probiotic VSL#3. MJ
  • Posted

John I would ring the bowel nurse at the hosp gastro if u are getting worse, otherwise you could be heading for a severe flare up. Sounds like you need to try different meds. Also i would go on the low residue diet if you havent already. Good luck john hope your symptoms improve.
  • Posted

Hi all I have now been back to the doctors and they have upped my steroids to 45mg and spoken to me taken blood temp at 38.8 so a little high so ism home now hoping this will sort it.

i am keeping a diary on what I eat and maybe the fruit smoothies are not good so stopped drinking them for now to see what happens thanks for all advice and guidance just getting quite down as I don't like being controlled by this as I run a business and want to get back to work 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.