Bleeding longer than usual.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone.....I need some advice. I'm 25 soon to be 26 and I was diagnosed with PCOS about 3years ago. I have a awful patch of hair that grows on my chin and neck.....always makes me not feel like a female when I see it. Anyway......my periods are usually 25-30days in between each cycle.....but this time it's been 19 days inbetween and I am also into my 12th day of bleeding! It's not a heavy period at all.....goes very light and then I think it's stopped (still wear a pad just incase) then out of no where I have blood again. I am not on any form of contraception. I've looked online for answers and it's just all different crap. Has anyone else gone through this and know what the hell is going on? rolleyes x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Bless you,

hi Starr, I don't know if this will help...

ive had pcos for years now. Since I was 14 I'm Now  40!!

I know this is a frustrating thing And Also can be  so very upsetting. It was for me.

i like you had  this problem bleeding for long periods also I had irregular periods,once none for a year then years of them coming  and going. The days were either very short or long or even absent.!!!!!

they were  painful. Sometimes the lining  of the womb can (shed) that's sort of clots.

Starr Have you been to you dr as it's common for girls with pcos to be put on the pill as this will regulate your periods and you'll have one a month, however if you want to try to conceive you won't want that option !!

the other thing is there's a tablet called metfemanic Acid that reduces pain and the flow.

Re  hair the hair you describe it's called Hairisum where the male hormone is a bit more prominent.

i can only say that waxing regularly helps. Like you I felt like a man a bit ,you know hair where it shouldn't be. In time you will be able to keep it down with the waxing. Electrolysis is affective if you can afford it too. Though it's not nice at all I know I have to say I think we see it a little more than others. In fact I was married to a man for 16 years and with someone now. It was me heightened to it. They never really noticed believe it or not. Also sone woman without pcos have this problem.

I hope this helps a little you are no on your own.

Take care 

Vicky

• Posted

Hi Vicky......thankyou for that smile

My periods are always regular.....in the past I've missed a couple of months but that is it, so for it to come early and for it to be lasting nearly two weeks has sent me into a panic. A friend suggested I may be pregnant, I thought nah no way....took a test and it was negative. I know it sounds stupid but I don't want to have to try for ages to try and get a doctor's appointment when I have a day off from work, only to be told it's nothing and women with pcos can have problems with periods etc x

• Posted

Hi 

look it's not wasting you drs time!!!!

Starr you've a medical condition pcos. With this comes loads of symptoms have they all been explained to you properly?

So many. Heavy long irregular periods, short bleeds,  clotting, mood swing the hairism you've discribed and many more.

Not to mention if you in the future would be looking to have a baby you may need some  help..

please I would advise you to your dr, get some answers, have you had your hormones tested lately? They can tell so much.

looking online for answers is a dodgie thing we are all different.

Im 40 now, ive no kids, long story. It's better to find out now and ask things that are on your mind. Yes it maybe on your day off but it would be worth it. Peace of mind is a good thing.

hope this helps.. 

vicky x

• Posted

It does help thankyou.

Yes I am looking to have children..

.....I would love nothing more x

• Posted

So please book an appointment with your gp..

they can answer all your questions face to face, help you for the future x

vicky x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.