Bleeding on cerelle?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi! Not sure if anyone will be able to help, but I started taking the POP Cerelle (I think it’s called Cerazette in the US?) in January and have some questions:

Is it normal to still (generally) have regular periods? A nurse I spoke to recently about something separate, once she saw that I was on Cerelle, assumed I either wasn’t getting a period anymore, or was only lightly bleeding each cycle. This isn’t the case, and she didn’t make a big deal of it but did seem a little confused when I explained that her assumption wasn’t the case for me ...

Is there any reason I would randomly bleed mid way through my regular cycle? As mentioned above, since beginning the pill I’ve had nearly always consistent medium flow periods, however at the time of my last period I just spotted for a few days, and then this past week, two weeks before I’m due again, I’ve had two days of spotting, and then five days of pretty heavy bleeding? Aside from nausea I’ve had no other physical issues over the past week.

TIA, friends 😃

I’m 23 years old, not on any other medication, and regularly engaging in PIV sex if that’s relevant 😃 I’ve never been pregnant.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.