Bleeding on citaloptam

Posted , 2 users are following.

in 2019 my doc prescribed citalopram and had very little side effects, i did great on them and felt amazing so after 8 moths i weaned myself off. fast forward 2022 january i was prescribed with them again, i had all possible side effects but i rode it out but then started the virginal bleeding, im not talking a little i mean gushing so i decided to sop the meds as i got cery frightened. anyway my doctor prescribed me prozac and i felt like a mania, came straight of them but my doctor told me to try citalopram again as she thought the meds were not the problem. this is day 6 on citalopram again and the side effects are hard but what bothers me the most is the virginal bleeding. has anybody ever had this problem before? is it possible that it could be the meds causing the bleeding? amy advice will be helpful

thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hello funny you should say that but i just started increasing my citalopram from 30mg to 40mg and i take the pill all the time never take a break do ive not had a period in the last 4 months but since increasing my dose on citalopram 3 days ago I'm bleeding aswell. very strange. maybe as our body are feeling more stressed and anxious this could happen? I'm wondering if it's the med increase aswell . xx

• Posted

forgot to add how u feeling now on citalopram its ten days since you posted. hope your feeling bit better??? xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.