bleeding on depo injection

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi, i got my first depo shot 3 weeks ago and had no bleeding for the first week although have been bleeding these last two weeks. the doctor prescribed tranexamic acid and i have been taking 2 tablets three times a day since sunday, today is the third day and i am still bleeding. ill have light bleeding sometimes or it may get heavy again.

im just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? or if these tablets will eventually stop the bleeding all together? i work as a care assistant out in the community and i feel constantly anxious as im always bleeding and i feel like it is affecting me. is there anything else i can take to stop the bleeding completely?

previous to the injection i was on the pill for 2 years but the last year was difficult for me as i was bleeding abnormally and was constantly feeling/being sick following my daily pill.

thanks for any help!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.