bleeding piles

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had this problem for a number of years.  Has anyone had operation to cure this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had operation to shrink my piles, they inject them with something to make them shrink. I believe sometimes they cut them out...but think routinely they inject them to shrink them, but you could ask the Dr when/if you have this operation. It did not hurt at all the operation and I came home the same day. the worst part was that Youhave tohave an enema about 2 hours before the operation to clear out your bowels. An enema doesn't hurt, but it's not very nice running desperately to loo, it was never ending for a while! I hav'nt had any problem since then, but I know they can grow back sometimes...but I would go through this operation again if I had to. hope this helps. 
  • Posted

Thanks Denise!  Not sure if I can face this op.  Right now not having any bleeding.Always hoping the problem will resolve without operation.

• Posted

Bleeding from haemorrhoids occur when the degree of inflammation and irritation of haemorrhoidal tissues reaches a level that causes small ruptures in those tissues. Bleeding starts, when swollen veins are scratched or broken by straining or rubbing. This can be aggravated by medicines that thin the blood. Numbers of method available can be used to remove or reduce number of haemorrhoids. Surgical treatment involves cutting out the haemorrhoids but it carries a painful recovery.  Endoscopic method involves the use of freezing, electrical or laser heat, or infrared light to destroy the haemorrhoidal tissue. Stay regular by eating enough fibres and drinking enough fluid that helps to produce stools that are softer and easier to pass.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.