Skip to content
Ad

Coagulation Disorders

Also known as Bleeding Disorders, Clotting Disorders, Haemophilia, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Platelet Disorders, Protein S Deficiency, Thrombocytopathies, Von Willebrand's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Cerebral Sinus Thrombosis

I'm 32 and recently suffered from the above. It was only detected after suffering 2 weeks of intense headaches which eventually affected my optic nerves in my eyes. I wear glasses and after 2 weeks of intense headaches my eyesight actually became much better which baffled me. I was sent away from...

Last reply
  • Warfarin for life...INR is crazy...I’m scared

I am brand new to discussion boards/forums, fairly new to managing warfarin, and very new to discussion boards. I had my first PE in June of 2016. I was told that it was probably due to birth control and was started on xarelto. One month later I was in the ICU with a GI bleed and it was a wait and see...

Posted
  • Factor V Leiden, plasminogen inhibitor and pregnancy?

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with factor V Leiden after having the tests ran on me as a teenager and recently after having a miscarriage, I was diagnosed with plasminogen prohibitor mutation. Which means I’m at a higher risk of early miscarriage. Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? How was your...

Last reply
  • Prp injections

Platelet rich plasma injections into my achillies tendons, known as PRP.. does anyone have ir had the same surgical procedure? Thanks in advance

Last reply
  • Internal bleeding

Hi all.. Need your help please. I had a CS (third child) 4 months ago. 3 hours After the CS i had an internal bleeding from the RT Obturator artery and blood test showed: HGB 3.4 HCT 10.8 RBC 1.43 PLT 13.00 Just realy need to know how bad it realy was. I felt i was going to die....

Last reply
  • easy bruising for years, no cause has been found yet?

hi, im 30. since i was a little child i always got bruised easily. my parents took me to many docs when i was a baby and a teen and they said 'sensitive skin'. later on they said i have slightly high platelets (always around 450,000)-my  bone marrow biopsy and jak2 mutation was normal. i...

Last reply
  • Essential thrombocythemia

I have been diagnosed with essential thrombocythemia and been put on aspirin and hydroxycarbemide one capsul every other day. My main concern is blood clots, so if anyone can let me know what symptoms I might possible get if I got a dvt and what I should look out for. Thankyou

Posted
  • Diagnosed with Factor II or G20210A mutation

Just found out I am heterozygenous for Pro Thrombin G20210A mutations (aka Factor II).  Wondering if anyone has insights as to next steps, or added tests I should have ?  No history of clots yet, but family members with this same mutation have had DVTs and Stroke.  Any insights would be...

Last reply
  • Antithrombin Deficiency

Hi, I am looking to get some insight on my test results: Antithrombin Antigen: normal reference range: 82-136%, my result: 79% (low) History: I am a 21 year old female experiencing ongoing problems with heavy period clotting and recurring ovarian cysts symptomatic. I was hospitalized for a PE at age...

Posted
  • Leg pain over 24hrs now

My leg started acheing n feelin numb yet sore. Get tingling too. It comes n goes in belts of mild to strong too the ppint i cant feel anything. Its front of left leg

Last reply
  • Our 2 Daughters are Heamophillia Type A confirmed

Dear All Our 2 Daughters are both confirmed from carier status and sufferer status of Heamophillia Type A, My Husband is the same also H, type A, I am due to be tested in August 2017, Due to the fact that my girls both suffer from it and carry it, does this mean that I must have passed on a Faulty X...

Posted
  • I have been bleeding when I go to the toilet.

A year ago I went to see my doctor about the bleeding I experience when I evacuate my bowels. He said it was nothing to worry about. It has steadily become worse, occuring almost every day as opposed to 3 or 4 days a week. Should I go back to my doctor, or should I hope it goes away?

Last reply
  • Continuous petechia and bruising

Hi I went to the doctors after I kept getting severe bruising on my legs during exercise, the bruises would appear without contact right before my eyes. I've also had petechia randomly for about a year. The doctors did a full blood count and checked for clotting and said my results were fine and...

Last reply
  • ITP

Hi i was diagnosed 2yrs ago with a platelet count of 9k. I was given 40mg day of predisonolone (horrible stuff) which quickly rose my counts but as soon as i started tapering my count hit the floor again and was put on 60mg day. This didn't work either so was told i need a spleenectomy. I found a...

Last reply
  • Bleeding from urine

I have been having blood in my urine for 3years and finally got referred to a urologist... He had me pre in a cup and then put a dip stick in it and he says I have a significant amount of blood. He didn't say anything but told me he wanted a Urogram (CT) with and without IV. Then he scheduled surgery...

Posted
  • Are Inhibitor deficiencies temporary

Hi My son has been told he has a inhibitor deficiency which is negative for anti lupus coagulant. They didn't identify what it is but said they think it is only transitory and aren't too concerned. He suffers from regular nosebleeds and prothrombin time was over 60 seconds. I can't find...

Posted
  • Will turbulence inside artery cause coagulation ?

Hi, I was just wondering if any vibration and turbulence inside a artery will cause blood coagulation or not?  Let's say hypothetically, I place a fan inside blood vessell, will the rotation and turbulance cuased by the fan cuase any blood coagulation (cloting)? if yes, why? any help...

Last reply
  • Legs pain and fatigue, dvt blood clot????

In 25. I have posted before because I have been dealing with gastric issues for like three years. I also suffer from palpitations (sometimes tachycardia). Ive had multiple ekgs, holters and echocardiograms. The doctor tells me to not worry, that my heart is healthy so they are not dangerous. With that...

Last reply
  • CVST - Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis

My husband has just suffered from a CVST on Sunday 19th March. He's been discharged on wafarin and fragmin whilst his warfarin comes up to a therapeutic level. His headaches are immense still and he's only managing with codeine and paracetamol 4 hourly. I've just spoken to the anticoagulation...

Posted
  • Lupus Anticoagulant Test

Hi Does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes to recieve Lupus Anticoagulant blood test results (in UK)? Many Thanks Jade

Last reply
  • Cerebral Venus Sinus Thrombosis - I feel dumb!

Hello everybody! I'm Madison, and as listed above, I have CVST! It all started halfway through October when I started getting intense pain in my neck that shifted into a horrible migraine. It was the most pain I've ever been in, but the whole spiel is a story for another time. Long story short,...

Last reply
  • Light bleeding.

Noticed past few days I have been bleeding lightly. Had my period 2 weeks ago. The light bleeding has happened before but I tried to ignore it. Now it is making me wonder if there could be an issue with my ovaries? Any advice or help would be greatful. Thank you!

Posted
  • spontaneous pattern bruising

I need some serious help here.. Has anyone here ever had or heard of spontaneous facial bruising.. around the ear and in front of the ear, neck.. NOT FROM TRAUMA.. these bruises come and go, switch sides.. and they are always in the same area.. symptoms with them.. bleeding from the ear.. FATIGUE,...

Posted
  • Higher than average platlets

Hi. Can anyone put my mind at rest please. Had blood test and had a call telling me the results and appointment sorted there and then for another blood test. I dont feel or have not been ill. I cant sleep as im very worried. My dad had cancer and mum had aplstic annemia. Can anyone put my mind at ease...

Posted
  • Ear aches after cvst

Hi all, I hope you remember me and my story. I am now 9 months post cvt. I'm off thinners since august and was doing great for a while. Until last week when my anxiety went off the roof. I've been having a weird feeling in my ears. It feels like they want to pop. It's on and off, not constant....

Last reply
  • ITP with borderline HCV

My mother is suffering from ITP, her platelet count went below 10k, reports reveal she has borderline HCV as well.She had bleeding from mouth and bruise marks on her body. Bone marrow results are attached. Hematologist has prescribed revolade (25mg daily) alongwith prednisone steroid (deltacortil)...

Posted
  • please assist really feel alone and confused

tasana 55177 Greetings all. I was diagnosed with sinus thrombosis 3 months ago. It started with server headache going into my neck. Was firstly mis diagnosed by my GP as migraine causing spasms in my neck. By the 5rh day I got my first seizure in the evening at around 8om and another 2 thereafter. That's...

Last reply
  • Important Paid Study On Haemophilia Please Share Your Time

We are conducting a study across Canada with hemophilia patients to gain insight on treating and dealing with hemophilia on a daily basis, and medication choices. The study involves participating in an online survey. This online survey will take approximately 25 minutes to complete. In appreciation...

Posted
  • PRP

Just had prp treatment, anyone else had it before and how did they feel?

Posted
  • Antithrombin deficiency

So I was diagnosed with a DVT in my subclavian vein earlier this month. ​I've had a number of blood tests done. ​At my last appointment the consultant told me that I have an antithrombin deficiency. I think normal values are 80-120 and mine was 57. ​I'm not sure if this is a temporary thing...

Posted
  • arterial ultrasound

Hi guys, Sorry for repeating myself but in case you havent read any of my other posts I was diagnosed with a DVT in my subclavian vein earlier this month. ​I've been told I've got an antithrombin deficiency and elevated factor viii (i don't know if this is temporary or permanent). ​Also,...

Posted
  • non production red blood cells

my elderly mum was diagnosed with et about two years ago. Given hydroxyurea and tolerated drug well. All was going well until 6 months ago when she developed anaemia and has had a no. of tranfusions since. told at hospital that red blod cells are not being produced though original problems with et are...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.