Cerebral Venous Thrombosis

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

I'm 22 years old and had what i thought was my first 'migraine' about a month ago, i was off work for 2 weeks and was vomiting for about 4 days straight. Once the 'migraine' felt better and i went back to work i gradually started getting double vision when driving or looking at things from a distance. i went to the opticians about a week after my migraine had stopped and he immediately referred me to A&E due to having raised optic disks, but wasn't overly concerned. I was then admitted to the ophthalmology unit where they found splinter haemorrhages in my brain. I was then transferred to the Acute Medical Centre where my CT scan came back clear. After about 3 days in the centre (i was lucky enough to go home each night and apart from double vision felt like there was nothing wrong with me). I then had an MRI which picked up the thrombosis in my left transverse sinus extending to the sigmoid, aswell as thrombosis seen in the cortical vein.

I was put on Apixaban tablets for 24 hours before receiving a call from my doctor telling me that my haemotologist made it very clear i wasn't to be on tablets and was put onto Tinzaparin daily injections.

I have been on the injections for about 10 days so far, but i was wondering how long was it until people received follow up appointments? Due to where i live only having one neurologist i only saw him when i was in the Acute Medical Centre when he sent me for an MRI, i haven't spoken to him since i've had my diagnosis.

In addition to when you had your follow ups, how long did it take for the clot to go? Before this i would train at my crossfit gym 6 days a week, did anyone ask how soon could you start exercising again? (i understand it would obviously be gentle exercise for a while i guess).

Due to it being so hard to find information on CVST i'm hoping someone with a similar experience may be able to answer some questions for me please.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.