my left outer thigh is numb

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just had surgery to remove my gallbladder. Ive noticed that my left outer thigh has gone numb and will not stop being numb. I haven't noticed any discoloration or swelling or redness. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Im worried its a blood clot I called my doctor and he didn't seem very worried about it. My friends dad who is a physical therapist thinks it has something to with my lower spine. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

Report / Delete

1 Reply

• Posted

I am a physiotherapist as well. so if you have and back or buttock pain , any history of back strain or injury recently or if you carried any heavy load or repetitive bending work can affect on disc and spinal nerves which gives numbness in your lower limbs/thigh! Ask your friend to give you certain exercises which will eventually show if the problem is from back or not!

GP can do further investigation such as MRI to confirm the problem's origin. hope this is little help !

good luck

Rockshana

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up