What does a CVST headache feel like?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had a dull headache for the last 10 days. I had the Oxford Astrazeneca vaccine on 2nd April, and had side effects such as a headache, a sore arm, and a temperature for about 24 hours after, which is normal. By 4th April, these had just about gone. However the day after (5th April), i started getting a different headache. It is either all around the top of my head, or today its mostly in my temples. It comes and goes throughout the day, sometimes it isn't there at all. When it's there i get light sensitivity (photophobia), and have also experienced tinnitus and occasional brief nausea. The tinnitus and nausea have not been noticeable since about Saturday (10th April).

As previously mentioned, it isn't there constantly. For example, i didn't have it much yesterday, other than once for maybe an hour around 9pm. Some days, i notice it as soon as i get up in the morning, and will continue for a couple of hours, which is more what I've had today. These patterns appear to be alternating every other day.

I have heard the news about the blood clots and CVST associated with the Astrazeneca vaccine, and I am concerned that it might be CVST. I'm 20, 21 next month.

My question is this: what does a CVST headache feel like? Does it sound like I've described, or would it be worse than this? Has anyone had CVST?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Jade,

I was diagnosed with CVST about 2 weeks ago now, i'm 22 and haven't had the Covid jab, they think mine was caused from the oral contraceptive pill.

I guess everyone's case is different, when i had mine i thought it was just a migraine. The left hand side of my head felt like it was going to burst with the pressure, however if you drew a line down the middle of my skull the right hand side felt completely fine. i spent about 10 days looking at the back of my eyelids due to the fact i couldn't move and about 4 of them days i was constantly sick every 30 minutes and ended up becoming severly dehydrated. Once i got over the initial 10 days my headache would come and go.

Fingers crossed for you that you haven't got it. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.