Petechiae-small red blood spots under skin

Posted , 1 user is following.

i dont know where else to post this out of all blood topics so sorry if this doesnt relate.

About 2/3 weeks ago i noticed small red dots on my upper arms. they werent normal spots and they were below the skin, meaning blood.

I went to my doctor and he didnt seem concerned because there werent many spots and im 17, with no other symptoms. i got a blood test anyway and everything came back fine.

however these blood spots are still spreading 3 weeks later. theyre down my lower arms and starting on my thighs.theyre still tough to see but still there. i know im only 17 and i dont feel any other issues such as fatigue or pain but im still worried. my bloods are fine but im still getting these spreading blood spots and i feel like i wont be taken seriously. my parents tell me not to worry but i just want to know any ideas for what else could cause this. does anyone else have experience with these despite bloods being fine?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.