Bleeding spurts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone have times of spotting and then a sudden release of blood, not a lot, and then spotting again

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. Ive noticed this happens to me mainly when i get up from sitting down, or get out of bed in the morning. Is this an ongoing issue for you, or only when you have a period?
  • Posted

yes  all kinds of weird things can/will happen during this time.  i passed clots  bled heavy (once 21 straight days)  had pap  vag ultrasound to be sure and all was hormone related.  Dont fret, it is easy to worry bit my doc says we are all different but you can spot one day and bleed next.   Not have one months  skip months   all kinds of crap!  smile
  • Posted

Hi Bassilli,

I've seen a couple of your postings and concerns about your heavy bleeding. I had this for about a year when my periods were getting ready to end. Use to be so dang frustrating. Feel like you couldn't go anywhere because a big goosh would come at any unexpected time. Anytime I would go overnight somewhere I would bring a bed protector because I didn't want to be making a mess on someone else's sheets. It does seem like you bleed so much you wonder how can this be but I think a lot of women get these major bleeds with clots. You are no doubt coming to the end of having periods. All you can do is be prepared by having extra pads and sometimes change of clothes with you at work and stuff. Yes, the goosh would come and I would head to the nearest bathroom. Had a couple embarrassing times with this phase but it does eventually end. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.