Bleeding started nearly two weeks after anterior/ posterior repair

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had the above repair on the 14th jan and two weeks later I've started to bleed. From last Monday I saw blood on the pad instead of the pale brownish normal discharge. Since then it starts and stops and has clots in it, and goes through the pad at its worst. When I bend down to pick something up or get up from resting it starts. The GP didn't seemed concerned and it seemed to have stopped when I saw her but it started again later in the day.  I'm worried though. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? 

1 like, 83 replies

83 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Why don't you contact the surgeon who operated on you via his secretary? That's what I would do. After all he's the expert.
  • Posted

I've been bleeding on and off since my repair,just starting to settle down now after nearly ten weeks but still very sore down below and sex is out of the question. My GP has faxed the hospital where I had my op and I have rang the secretary too with no response. Need to get this sorted as I'm sure you do too. Good luck x 
    • Posted

It was disgraceful that the consultants secretary doesn't respond. If that continues lodge a formal complaint.
    • Posted

Spoke to my GP yesterday,he is furious we have had no response and has told me to contact PALS at the hospital to lodge a complaint
    • Posted

I should think so as well. I can't believe any consultant would ignore a request by a GP.
    • Posted

Neither can I. Had a check up at GP's 7 weeks post op and she wasn't happy,neither was I as very sore still,so she tried to ring the hospital and after several calls decided to fax them,she recommended I rang after the weekend,which I did and got answerphone and left message and still no reply. Fax sent 15th Jan,I rang 20th,left message on answerphone and still nothing.Had my op 25th November and still not healed  Need to be looked at properly by the gynae people to find out if all is right
    • Posted

This is the sort of thing that gives the NHS a bad reputation sadly. I hope someone contact you very soon because this is unacceptable.
    • Posted

Thank you Matron,so do I. Am very fed up now with how long this is taking to heal and also with the lack of response from the hospital
  • Posted

It's terrible that they haven't gotten back to you. I was told if I did bleed it was a sign I was doing too much. when I did bleed it was never that heavy. Hope you get them soon
  • Posted

Had a anterior rectocelle repair 6 weeks ago & no bleeding after a week just a brownish discharge. I would certainly get in touch with the hospital. I was told to ring the ward if i had any problems. I got to see my surgeon for my 6 weeks check which i think should be available to everyone post op & not with your GP.
    • Posted

No 6 week check with the hospital at all. I asked before discharge and was told we don't do that,you have to go to your GP sad
    • Posted

Thats not good, GP's are good but they are only GP's and don't have the knowledge of a gynecologist.
  • Posted

Hi jane

Im thinking it might be your period. It is likely to be different for the first 2 or 3 times until things settle down. Taking things easy may help.

• Posted

Also having lived through it I think an 8 week recovery period should be stated as I think people expect to be back to normal too soon. These are major abdominal operations and need suitable recovery times. Dont expect toio much too soon.
    • Posted

Yes I think you are right,was led to believe I would be back to normal by  6 weeks but no chance whatsoever,almost 10 weeks past surgery and stil not right 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.