Bleeding while on birth control

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone experienced having periods while on birth control. My last period was some time in February where i stopped taking the pill when i noticed darker discharge which is a sign that my body needs to bleed and my doctor has advised me to stop the pill for a few days in order for the old blood to clear.. and i continued taking the pill after stopping for 5 days, now 3 months later i am having my period again and the cramps are getting more painful especially on the third and fourth day of stopping the pill and letting myself bleed. i am concerned that this is happening only after 3 months as the last ultrasound check i had in february showed that my endo has disappeared (i was diagnosed with a recurring 5cm endo in oct 2017 where the dr asked me to wait and scan again in feb) 

i just wish to know if anyone is facing similar experiences with having periods like this while taking the birth control pill for endo. I also noticed that i had and still am having terrible mood swings and some depressing episodes. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Don't worry this is particularly common during the first three months of taking a contraceptive pill, during which your body adjusts to the hormones. " Many women find that taking a birth control pill makes their periods lighter and reduces period pain.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.