Bleeding while on Evorel conti for HRT & weight gain.

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hi All,

Ive been on evorel patches now for about 7 months. I was ok for 1st 2 months but for the last 5 have had a “period” every 2 months!! 😩  until then I hadn’t had a period for near enough 2 years!! My night sweats have pretty much stopped and I don’t get the aches & pains in my legs & feet that i had before going on the patches, my mood also has improved.  I also seem to be putting on weight which I really don’t need! I eat sensibly plus go to the gym twice a week. I try & diet but just seem bloated & bigger than ever which really does get me down.  I’ve had numerous blood tests & an ultra sound regardithe bleeding but still have no answers. My dr is pretty much useless & just says I need to give the patches  a little longer to see if symptoms stop! Or just come off them  as there is no alternative treatment for me!! Any suggestions great fully received!!! Has anyone else experienced the same problems on these patches? 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I started taking EVOREL CONTI 4 weeks ago and began bleeding heavily after 10 days. It hasn't stopped so I have not began the 2nd pack. Also put on 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks. Has not really resolved any of the issues I was advised it would. I'd rather put up with the night sweats

• Posted

patches and tablets very from person to person one med does not fit all. i had regular periods on it and stated getting the burning face again so i was put on a great tablet that stopped my periods completely.Then the pharmacy could no longer get it. i was then put on Kilovance. been on it for 5 days no break hopefully it will be as good. AS FAR as gaining weight no change i am careful not to over eatand keep moving regularly hope this helps. keep going back to docter change ti find correct one to suityou

• Posted

Hello to every one,

I have been on evorel conti for 4 months now after about 5 weeks I started to bleed and have had a bleed every 2 to 3 weeks,my gp sent me for a ultra sound and says there was nothing wrong,but is sending me for a emergency appointment with a geonacoligist on 25th of this month,apart from that it has helped me with my sweats ,my modes and all the good things that I hadn't felt for a long time.

i hadn't had a period for 18 months,before that I had suffered for 7 years to get the help,n it's all down the hospital.

I'm scared to come of it.

• Posted

GOOD MORNING ANGELA,

I HAVE READ ALL THE ABOVE POSTS AND CAN'T ADD TOO MUCH TO IT OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT OUR BODIES SEEM TO GAIN WEIGHT WHEN ON HRT BUT THE DRUG GIVES US BACK CONTROL OF YOUR LIVES.

YOU must decide IF NOW IS THE TIME TO CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT BRAND. I TRIED THOSE PATCHES AND IT WAS HELL. MY HIPS BECAME SO PAINFUL THAT I COULD BARELY CLIMB THE STAIRS. CHANGED TO KLIOVANCE AND HAVEN'T LOOKED BACK.

IN DEFENSE OF YOUR DOCTOR, SOMETIMES THERE IS VERY LITTLE TO TELL YOU, HE PROBABLY IS WAITING TO SEE IF YOUR BODY SETTLES DOWN AND THE HRT BEGINS TO DO IT'S JOB.

WEIGHT GAIN .... I KNOW ALL ABOUT IT!IT ISN'T FUNNY BUT I FEEL HEALTHY AND ABLE TO ENJOY LIFE. A YEAR AGO, MY YOUNG GP ASKED ME TO CONSIDER COMING OFF HRT AS I HAVE BEEN TAKING UT FOR OVER 25 YEARS. ALL WENT WELL FOR ABOUT 6 WEEKS AND THEN MY LIFE CHANGED BADLY THE OLD HIT FLUSHES WERE BACK AGAIN, I COULDN'T COPE WITH ANYTHING, MY TWO GRANDCHILDREN CAME TO VISIT FROM LONDON AND REDUCED ME TO TEARS. I COULDN'T COPE . NOW I AM BACK TO MY OLD SELF AND TRAVELING, ENTERTAINING AND LOVING LIFE.

I THANK GOD THAT SCIENTISTS INVENT HRT AS MY LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN A LIVING HELL FOR ME AND MY FAMILY.

SO WHAT IS A LITTLE WEIGHT GAIN? NOT WHAT ANY WOMAN WANTS BUT COMPARED TO LIVING A LIFE OF HELL, IT IS WELL WORTH IT.

THE WORST INVENTION EVER WAS THE MIRROR.IF WE COULDN'T SEE OUR REFLECTION, WE WOULD THINK WE WERE LOVELY!

ANGELA, MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR GP AND SUGGEST CHANGING TO SOMETHING ELSE.

just be thankful that you can face life. TREAT YOURSELF TO SOME NEW WINTER CLOTHES THAT FIT YOUR NEW FIGURE AND MOVE ON.

i am celebrating my 70 th birthday next month and all of our family are travelIng to Krakow for a long weekend to celebrate with me. life is too short, make the best of it and stay positive.

good luck.

• Posted

Granny rose,

i just wanted to comment on your great reply to Angela' s letter, what a fantastic attitude you have to life and its true what you said about the mirror.

• Posted

HI angela,i have been on everol conti patches for two years, i was getting on really well until recently, i haven't has a period since i have been on them accept last week when had a normal period, bloating and sore nipples which is what i used to get when i used to have regular periods, now i have noticed a drastic change in my weight, i have put on a stone in the last year which is alarming!! I dont want to go to a doctor at the moment because of covid so i am not sure what to do, i have no idea if it is the patches causing all this?

• Edited

Hi Angela

I have been on Evorel Sequi 50mcg patches since 1st Feb 2023. I was prescribed them as I was having low mood, anxiety etc, and my GP thought I was perimenopausal- my periods, although regular (as I was still on the combined pill Marvelon) had become less heavy and lasted for fewer days. I felt my "symptoms" start to alleviate abt 2-3 months later, which was a huge relief, as I'd literally been feeling that hopeless and low that I'd started to feel suicidal. I didn't have a period for the next 7 months, then a few days ago I started getting the brown discharge, which I want overly concerned abt as I'd had this b4, on and off, in the preceding few months, however after about 2 days, I noticed some spots of blood then a bit more, followed by more brown discharge. I'm wondering whether I sld class this as a proper "period", and think that I can't say I'm menopausal yet as I haven't gone through 12 months without 1, or not class it as 1, and, if I don't have another "proper" period in the next 5 months I can say I'm menopausal, and I don't need contraception, and I won't have another period ever again? Or if I stay on these patches (as they help my symptoms) I'm likely to either keep having these "half" period, or worse still, a full blown "proper" period and more frequently? Any thoughts anybody? I'm confused😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.