Bleeding with every urination after Turp

Posted , 6 users are following.

Everytime I go to the bathroom it's either light blood or heavy blood and it's been going on for two weeks now, I called the doctor they say it's normal but everytime not just sometimes?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Marcus,

What kind of TURP - old style monopolar, bipolar or plasma button? The only bleeding I had after my bipolar TURP was a little pinkness in the urine while wearing the Foley catheter for 3 days post op, and a few minor red clumps. After I removed the Foley, the urine color returned to normal. The bipolar and plasma button TURPs cauterize after the tissue is removed with the loop.

Tom

• Posted

i had the bipolar turp i just bleed everytime i pee for the last two weeks

• Posted

I'm not sure whether you had the turp 2 weeks ago? After I had a turp there was blood at the start of urination every time for nearly 4 weeks. Then it stopped with no further problems.

• Posted

I saw pink or red blood after my TURP for a couple weeks, though not every time. Sometimes, I would go a day or two with clear urine, then I'd see bright red when a scab came off. I don't think I saw anything after about 3 weeks but at my 3 week post-op checkup, the uro said there was still a little blood in my urine although I couldn't see it. Are you drinking lots of water? If not, you should be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.