Bleph sterile wipes

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm currently having to use the wipes frequently - they are expensive: any ideas for sourcing cheaper sterile eye wipes would be most gratefully received.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you asked your pharmacist or dr if they are available on prescription ?
    • Posted

Thank you Jane - and for the PM - I'll have a chat with the GP too.  Best regards, J.

• Posted

My doctor prescribed them only once but my requests for repeat prescriptions were ignored. Wet wipes are an excellent replacement. Tear each sheet in quarters and use each strip carefully moving your finger along the strip for each wipe do you don't use the same area twice. There is a wealth of info on this site regarding eye routines and it would be well worth your while to trawl through it. Good luck with your bleph. Mine is under control now and I can deal with glare ups quite quickly. Bleph is different fir each individual but it's worth having an Arsenal of options and ideas to try.

• Posted

Many thanks Pamela - I tried the wet wipes once before and found that they really irritated my eyes which is why I think I'll stick with the sterile wipes for eyes. I agree with you about the arsenal - I've got some tea tree oil to try too (diluted.)  Best, J.

• Posted

I await with interest re your thread...i have not woen contacts since october as have posterior blepharitis and dry eye so would like to hear more. My optician is siggesting silicon hydrogel contacts and to use hydrogen peroxide solution instead of all in one solution. What kind of contacts do you use?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.