Blepharitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

Over the last few months I have had a dry patch just under my right eye which I though was just a bit of excema in the winter. Now to add to that, the dry patch has also moved to my lower lid and has become inflamed and i've got lots of extra lines and have aged about 10 years! From research I only have the early stages, so I am hoping its manageable. ie, no eyelash dandruff, no secretions, can see properly.

I am now wondering what has worked best for others in my situation. I am currently washing my eyes with hot water cotton pads and doing to the suggested massage to release the oils, but with all the water the affected skin around eyes is getting more dry and itchy. I have been using e45, but feel this may not be the best option.

Can anyone suggest a good course of treatment and a way to keep the skin moistursied. Should I be taking oral antibiotics? What about an Chloramphenicol 1% Eye Ointment? Any other specific products that work quickly?

I have also read that I can use mascara as long as I use disposable wands... do you agree?? I am keen to get this cleared up ASAP, and want to avoid it getting worse. Thanks so much.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.