Blepharitis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Had Blepharitis for 4 months, and had 4 different antibiotics prescribed by my doctor, including cortisone sad and none have worked. So now been given an appointment for hospital eye check. Pointless!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello 

I had blepharitis for 2 years on and off and would increase with stress and worry . I could wear make up drink alcohol or over stress my system.

I went to see a doctor and he prescribed. Doxycycline and said it might take 2 sessions to kill off the bacteria in my eyelids. It did clear it up but it did come back... meanwhile I found this thread and read  on the wet ones wipes remedy.  Changed my makeup brand ( I use Almay )it’s hypoallergenic and tried changing my lifestyle to get healthier drinking water working out better food so I could feel better about myself and that would help me be happier and stress free..I did a second treatment of the doxycycline and after about 6 months I stopped getting a blepharitis flair up that was in 2015 I’m going on 3 years with no flair up. I use the wet ones wipes everyday twice a day to take off make up and before each shower morning and night ..hope you get better 

• Posted

Oh three years...there is hope for me! I just got it...so I'm scared....I havnt read much here yet but my visual disturbances are what is really scaring me.

• Posted

It is scarey Melanie, l know how you feel. Lets help each other....
    • Posted

Hi SylvieMay

Yes it’s very scary and to think you can look facially scarred day in day out is scary too...but please try these wipes the wet ones wipes with the 0.03% active ingredient..it really worked for me . I’m very thankful for Linda thread here it rescued me. And try only hypoallergenic makeup. One other thing I try not to use eye makeup small brushes that come with the eye shadow compacts...I take a fresh tissue to put my make up on as not to spread bacteria..and I change my mascaras often ..hope to hear these work for u 

• Posted

Yes, will definitely try the wipes. I'm in the UK, so l need to know which wipes would work for me here. I've just started using Manuka honey, so we'll see what happens. As I've said, when we went into Holland & Barrots we couldn't find it on the honey shelves. So asked the lady at check/out, and she got up and gave it to us as it was on a shelf behind her. I said why isn't it on the honey shelves? she said (with a smile on her face) because people keep steeling it. That said it all really lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.