Blepharitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had Blepharitis for 4 months, and had 4 different antibiotics prescribed by my doctor, including cortisone sad and none have worked, including Blephasol liquid for wipes. So now been given an appointment for hospital eye check. Pointless!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sylvie.  Don't know whether you saw a post of mine a week or so ago, but I also have blepharitis though in my case it was caused by lash extensions.  Have now found that the only thing which seems to have helped is buying a heated eye compress and using it twice a day, after which I massage my lids downwards to push out any discharge.  So far so good.  I have been clear for a week and have even started using eye make up again.  Bought Bells eye liner pencil which is great, and their mascara - both hypoallergenic.  If you haven't already tried this, it might be worth a go.  PS antibiotics don't usually touch it.

• Posted

Hi Diana, thank you for your comment. Especially the make of eye make-up you are using. I have started to use Manuca honey. Apparently it's a great treatment for Blepharitis. I am in the UK, and went into Holland & Barrett, to look for this make, and couldn't see it anywhere. Went to ask for it at the counter, and it was piled up behind her. l said why isn't it with the honey? she said because people keep a stealing it. It's quite expensive, and it's apparently really good for Bletharitis, so l payed for it lol I'll see if it works!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.