Blepharitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered from Blepharitis for a few years and tried many treatments with no effect. I came across an article about fabric conditioner causing allergies. It crossed my mind that maybe fabric conditioners could be irritating my eyes. So i stopped using it in my bed linen wash, as pillows and duvet covers would be close contact to my eyes. I must say since i have done this my eyes seem less irritated so maybe other sufferers could try not adding fabric conditioner to their bedding wash and see if this helps in any way.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lindsay, I had an allergic reaction to something a lot of years ago & my eyes kept weeping. An Optometrist at Specsavers asked whether I had changed my washing powder recently. It took quite a while to discover the problem but eventually, I had patch testing done by a Dermatologist & I found that I am allergic to certain chemicals, including formaldehyde. The thing that I hadn't thought about, was that manufacturers are constantly changing the formulation of their products, so when something suits you one week, as soon as 'new' appears on the label, be wary!! It may no longer suit you.

I didn't use fabric conditioner for years because that was a major culprit.

It helps to know what you are actually allergic/sensitive to because then you can go through everything, shampoo & creams also feature.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.