Blepharitis - a symptom of another cause...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

I signed up to this website purely to tell the tale of my personal light at the end of my very grim and depressing struggle with what has been donned by doctors as 'Blepharitis'.

It all started over a year ago when I believed I had conjunctivitis, this conjunctivitis never went away no matter what I did to fight it & would flare up consistently at least once a month... 'Who knew conjunctivitis could ever be this bad?' I thought to myself... turns out, it isn't, and when I went to the doctors (for the second time) I was finally given a few printed sheets of paper all about 'Blepharitis' and was sent on my way...

You can't wear make up for the rest of your life, you should really be cleaning your eyes and using a hot compress at least twice a day... The depressing elements of those print outs were endless... Worst of all: Blepharitis is a chronic condition with 'no cure'. Really fantastic news for somebody who relies on their make up for both their profession and confidence. Needless to say - I was not happy - and it was then and there that the fight to learn everything I could about Blepharitis commenced.

I looked at endless posts from people talking about their own personal experience with Blepharitis - how they coped with it, their own techniques to battle it... glimmers of hope began to emerge within these forums - those being the ideology that Blepharitis is actually a symptom of another issue i.e. an allergy, rather than a disease.

I tried the hot compresses, the eye wipes, the honey (which did help to ease my symptoms FYI... Although it did not cure it)... I spent a ridiculous amount of money purely because my desperation to cure this awful and embarrassing eye problem was so strong, and there wasn't an hour of the day that went by where I wasn't conscious about my eyes in one way or another.

My eureka moment came after about two weeks of dabbling with various techniques and remedies... I even attempted to get a Chinese doctor to take a sample of my hair to check out my allergies (they looked at me like I was crazy... But needs must!). EVENTUALLY I came across a post from a young lady who said she had managed to cure her Blepharitis through changing her diet as she had what is called a candida overgrowth (candida is essentially what causes thrush... But it can form anywhere in your body, predominantly your gut... Although I'm not a doctor so don't quote me on that). I researched into this a lot because I have always thought I had stomach problems, either I had wheat / gluten intolerance or something else.

I love food, and I was not willing to go on some crazy diet with no proof that it works, but what I did do, is this... I went to a pharmacy, I told them I had thrush (which I dont, for your information), yes it was slightly embarrassing, and yes it was a lie... But guess what - that little tablet they gave me CURED MY BLEPHARITIS! My eyes have been back to their normal bright selves ever since, and I am so much happier... There are no words to justify the relief I felt...

So I guess, in short, what I'm writing this post to do is to say that, for me, my Blepharitis was a symptom of Candida in my gut... My eyes were never the problem, it was my inner body... EVERYTHING is connected... And I hope this helps whoever you are out there to not give up and to find the root cause of your own condition! The cure is out there, but unfortunately it is down to ourselves, rather than doctors, to find it X

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This is very interesting chloefx. Years ago (I didn't have Blep) I saw a homeopath and she told me I had Candida. She told me to cut out yeast, wheat and sugar. I was so ill at the time, I could barely walk beacuse of breathlessness... anyway, 4 weeks later I was like a new woman and in 8 weeks I was cured. I am now wondering if what I have is this Candida again but its showing up in my eyes rather than the previous symptoms. Thank you for posting your story it certainly is food for thought. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.