Blepharitis and Dry Eye Syndrome

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with conditoins and am about midway through the treatment program.  I have been advised to use "eye bags" twice a day.  Bought one and sent it bck as it did not hold the heat for very long.  I use the  "bean bag" type product that goes in the microwave.  I heat at 600 degrees for 2 minutes and then double wrap ir in a tea towel.  After five minutes I unwrap it and apply it direct for a further 5 minutes.  This is followed by eyelid massage starting at the corner of my eyes and working outwards, and then cleaning the lids with baby shampoo in warm water and a cotton bud. Cannot say that I have noticed any significant difference.  

I know that I have had both of these conditions for quite some time and had flagged it to my medical practice, but was misdiagnosed until April 2017.

I use lacri lube at night in the affected eye and optive in both eyes.  

Wondering if ayone on this Forum has similar problems who can give me some feedback in info?

Many thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi i gave up the heat treatment as it made my eyes worse,i now just clean them good every day. I have posterior and anterior bleph. The heat seamed to make me get more swelling on my lid etc,i also got worse vision after the heat for quite awhile,i think its because my glands have a bad quality of oil now and it just agrivated my vision etc with the heat.
  • Posted

I don't know whether it is a coincidence but I have found that as I always wash my hands in the bathroom with an antibacterial soap by "sluicing" my face with the soapy water with closed eyelids that the blepharitis is much improved.

I hope you find an answer and wish you well

• Posted

I've been diagnosed  w Bleph  a year ago. Do what you  do  and continue suffering

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.