Blepharitis and eye eczema tips

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

A couple of years ago i was diagnosed with Anterior Blepharitis, eczema and Dry eye syndrome, it came from nowhere and it was horrific! I had terribly sore, puffy dry burning eyes and my eyelids had a bright red rash on them that was so itchy almost always. I went from never having a problem with my eyes to every problem in the book. After hundreds of dr appointments, medicines and tips and tricks from others suffering with it, i finally ended up with something that has stuck. I received some kind messages and useful recommendations on here when i was seeking advice about this and i wanted to return the favour with what is now my own success story.

i used everything, you name it, ice packs, heated packs, ocusoft, blephasol,blephagel, tobradex, aveeno creams, baby shampoo, tea tree! The only thing i never tried that was recommended to me was the Wet Ones wipes, i was too nervous to put them on my skin. After a lot of research, i finally ended up with this routine and for me it works so hopefully this may help someone else.

I use hot compresses and then wipe and massage my eyes with blephagel (much more gentle than blephasol) every other day, and after i have washed my face with just any face wash at night, i use Lush Ultrabland... it is amazing. A little odd at first because it feels like youre spreading butter on your skin it is so thick and oily, but it has honestly done wonders for both my eye health and my complexion! I use a cotton pad and get a generous amount on it, swipe it over my lid and ensure it coats everything like my waterline and eyelashes etc, then get a clean flannel/cloth, hold it under hot water until wet and heated, then gently dab it on my skin until the ultrabland is removed.

My eyes have been clear for 17 months, i get the occasional stye due to my dry eyes but this generally goes away quickly i just use a heated compress day and night for around 3 days straight and clean them after with the same products i normally use.

As for the eye eczema, after lots of use of antibiotics, creams and ointments, i was eventually prescribed Protopic Gel. I have honestly not had an issue since the first application, it was unbearable, the first use is so uncomfortable they warn you it will feel like an allergic reaction, i thought about taking it off but i perservered and within 24 hours my eczema had gone right down to minimum, used it for a few days with no symptoms and i have not had to apply it since! Well worth asking to try. I hope this helps.

Jade

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

did you go to an eye infirmary? just because sore eyes and redness can be sign of infection... i had " blepharitis looking symptoms " redness swelling, sore and i had 3 eyelid cysts that had become infected.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.