Blepharitis diet

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had my annual flare up this last week just as the temperature has dropped.

I'm off to see the doctor first thing tomorrow to see if I can get another course of antibiotics and steroid cream.

I spoke to my mum this morning and did some research online about people who had chronic conditions and illnesses and it looks like a sugar free diet could be the next step I try in trying to alleviate this horrible eye condition.

I've literally tried everything to stop it but nothing works. It's heart breaking at the moment as nothing works for me other than antibiotics and warmer weather.

So has anyone on here changed their diet to solve it and had positive results? I'm thinking about going sugar free, cutting out wheat and taking Omega 3 supplements

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have heard lots of good things about cutting out/down on sugar.  Some people swear by Paleo or autoimmune duets (Googke if you want more info).  I just try to follow a fairly healthy diet but nothing specific.  I take a omega 3 formulated fir dry eye by PRN Pharmaceuticaks in US.  Don't  know how much much it helps but figured it can't hurt.   Good luck with whatever you choose to do. 
  • Posted

Try flax seed capsuls and fish oil just to help. I'm going crazy too. smile
    • Posted

Yeah I've read about these too.

Have you tried them and noticed any improvement?

• Posted

I had to stop taking steroids for Blepharitis because it was increasing eye pressure. My doctor just asked me to try Avenova and a round of low dose Doxycycline for two weeks and then come back and see her.

I had been using WetOnes, but she asked me to stop for the next two weeks and try Avenova. She said it should not cause lid and under eye irritation. I report back in a few weeks.

• Posted

Have used Avenova since late July.  It causes no irritation and kills "bugs"
    • Posted

I'll have to see if it's available in the UK. I've not heard it mentioned before though.
    • Posted

Avenova has been available by prescription in US only. Company had been looking for overseas distributors.  Check with your doctor.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.