Blepharitis flare ups

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I really hope someone can help me!! I’m getting Blepharitis flare ups every 2-3 weeks. Red bloodshot stingy watery eyes. I take antihistamines daily as I think it’s allergies that are causing it to flare up but can’t get to the bottom of it. I do wake up with crusty eyes and clean them with Blephawipes but it just keeps happening. Has anyone tried the heat masks?? I just ordered one on eBay. Thanks 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,ive tryed the heat and it made mine worse,could help you though. The main thing for me was keeping my eyes clean,especially the rims. Xx
  • Posted

The Wet Ones recommended by Lynda, solved my problems with Belpharitis.  They were the only solution for me. I have recommended them to many people and they have worked for them as well.  Good Luck!

• Posted

I also found the heat mask didnt work. Made my eyelids more inflamed. Keeping the eye lash line and eyelids spotless clean is the best way to treat this problem. I did try the wet ones for a time, but for me, l think the ocusoft Plus works best. Good luck.
  • Posted

I have found something even better than the Wet Ones. Neutrogena Grapefruit Face wash (I the pump bottle) it has the same ingredient as Wet Ones, but works even better. It is very drying for the face, so I follow up with Cetaphil moisturizer--just not too close to the eyes. 

This will clear up ALL eye infections. And you can really scrub them with this sudsy soap! 

R

• Posted

About you guys comments on heat -- just in case anyone on here is working out hard, jogging or jog-walking to a sweat. 

I have had to put my weight loss and work out program aside for awhile to focus on my eyes. When I'd set and get hot, I could literally come in and feel these bugs on my lashes, like long silvery slick coatings of them. 

If any of you are trying to sweat while you have this-- I don't think it's possible to do both. I think that sweating releases more mites from the pores or something. 

You might have to choose fighting this over that. That's saved my eyes. 

Rhonda 

• Posted

My daughter has blepharitis and she is having a lot of flare ups lately. I don't think the change in seasons help. I too am not sure if the hear makes them worse. I find blephasol and keeping well hydrated helps her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.