Blepharitis: How I relieve my symptoms with my favorite spice!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've recently been told by my PCP that i have Blepharitis and have an appointment with an eye doctor soon. I have been dealing with it for almost two months now and one of the quickest symptom relievers I've found thus far is none other than Turmeric! I've used it for ages for my skin as well as drinking it in tea because I have high cholesterol and I heard it can help lower it and its honestly the miracle spice. It has so many benefits. Anyhow, I also learned that it has anti-inflammatory properties so i decided to use it on my eyes to see if that would help with anything. I boiled some water and let my turmeric tea steep. I pinched the tea bag until it was as dry as I could get it. After a couple of minutes of massaging the tea bag on my eye, I felt this "icy-hot" like sensation that was so strong. I so scared I rushed to the mirror to see the damage. To my relief there was non except my skin was now stained yellow which I should have seen coming. However, I will definitely take the yellow after the relief I saw and felt. I repeated this massaging two times on each eye until the tea bag was no longer warm (about 15 minutes) and these are the results. A very quick fix for when you are in a pinch and don't want to look like you've been crying all night! love!imageimageimage

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

from the pictures your eyes dont look much different from before and after? Did the inflammation on bottom eyelid disappear?

And how much turmeric did you put in the tea?

• Posted

Thank you fellow sufferer, I think nothing cures it but I beleive there is a cure for this horrific debilitating condition, Please and scientists or doctors heal us and stop our pain and stinging swollen, dry continually blinking issue as Its depressed me to no end.

• Posted

where would I come across turmeric tea bags I've never heard of those I would try any thing a 1st time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.