Blepharitis in winter

Posted , 4 users are following.

So winter is on it's way and my Blepharitis is making it's annual visit! Hate this time of year. Have no problems with it at all in the warmer, drier summer months but as soon as there's a significant temperature drop and the radiators get turned back comes the weeping, teary eyes and the itching and burning and no solution to cure it.

Really wish there was a cure to sort this out. Feel really down at the moment. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I completely relate to your post and feel exactly the same. Broke out about a10 days ago and feeling awful. Like you, it's really getting me down as it won't shift. The puffiness around my eyes has gone down but the eye itself is bright red, hot and sore. I've been using the wet ones suggestion but have no idea yet if it's worked. I've been putting coconut oil on at night and that relieves it. It's such a weird condition and I'm sure people think I have a drink problem by the way I look. Try coconut oil and see if it helps.

Becky UK

• Posted

Hi Rebecca

I'll try coconut oil. It's probably the only thing I've not tried before. The wet ones never worked for me sadly. Unless I move to a place with constant summer conditions I doubt I'll ever get rid of it.

Where do you buy coconut oil from?

• Posted

I bought a pot of it from.Holland and Barrett. It makes the skin softer and offers some relief
  • Posted

Hi, I could highly recommend you using a humidifier. Since I got one winter has become a lot more managable with my blepharitis. However i would not take the advice of using wet ones. I think the wetones promoters on this website are a bunch of scam artists
  • Posted

Hi, I use a PureMate PM 718 Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier - 3.5 Litre Capacity but I am based in the UK. I am not sure do they sell these types in the US but I am sure you can get something similar.

I leave mine on at night on a low setting which helps with dry eyelids - bleph etc. It definitely helps me a lot during the winter months

• Posted

cost me about the equivalent of 60-70 dollars

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.