Blepharitis in work

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey Guys,

I deal with workstation assessments in work, and have recently been asked to help out a lady who suffers from Blepharitis and Marginal Keratitis

This isnt something I have ever come across before so I'm not 100% sure how I can help this lady out.

do any sufferers of this have any hints or tips as to what I can provide for her, to help make her working day more comfortable.

We work in a Solicitors firm so she predominately works on a PC. One suggestion is to have an anti glare screen put on to her montior

I'd love to hear your thoughts

Many Thanks

Rebecca

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rebecca, have a look at this page, it has a lot of info on it

https://patient.info/doctor/Corneal-Problems-Acute.htm

I would say that the anti glare screen will help her but much of her care is really up to her.  She needs your understanding.  She might need to use artificial tears [drops] to keep her eyes from drying out and she may well be photophobic......ie dislike bright lights.  

Have you spoken to her?  That would probably be the first thing to do and see how she deals with her eyes.

Do you have a dehumidifier in your office?  That would be very useful if you have air con.  It would benefit everyone, not just this lady. 

• Posted

Hi Rebecca, I would agree with all that mrs mop has said.  As she has been diagnosed I assume she follows a cleaning regime.  Look on this forum for hints, maybe should could join the forum.  What works for one does not always work for another but as said it is really up to her to be methodical and do the regime once,

possibly twice a day, especially for flareups.  She should have regular screen breaks (I expect she already does this), and keep well hydrated.  artificial tears do help with dry eyes.  I use celluvisc on precription and recommended by eye hospital.  Hope this helps. 

• Posted

Hi

Chewck out Lynda 69's posta about that.  She is in the US and I'm UK but followed her regime......use Wet Ones to clean your eyes......I dont know where you are but in the UK the ingredient she suggested is in the original blue ones....dont think any other ones.....As far as I remember heres are red packet....see if you can find her posts. It has certainly helped me. I had it very badly for 3 years and now nothing......I staill keep on with this because it is a chronic disease which can come back.....so then you just have to double your efforts. I started off by cutting a wet one and using it four times a day, I got a very ordinary cream from Boots Chemist {eye lubricating cream} that is used when the lids are itchy or the corners are sore....and I use over the counter eye drops.....seems to be working for me. Like I say try and find Lyndas posts on this forum

Love

Hileena

• Posted

Sorry for the typos......I'm just back from holiday tonight and am a bit brain deadbiggrin

If there is anything you dont understand just shout please

Love

Hileena

• Posted

Dear Rebecca,

I have wrinkled retina in one eye and I got Blepharits in one eye and ended up putting it into my other eye.

I can't help with anything but the Blepharitis.  A friend of mine killed hers with a facial scrub with Benzethonium Chloride in it. I tried to buy that but they reformulated it and no longer had Benzethonium Chloride in it.  I looked on-line to see what other products had that in it. I ended up using WET ONES, antibacterial hand wipes with Benzethonium Chloride in them.

I have a friend in a rest home and she had this yellow gunk on her eyes so bad. They had been red for so long. I didn't know what it was. Her eyes werelike glued shut. I tried to wipe them with a tissue and water and was getting no where.

I said why not. I pulled out a WET ONE wipe and tore it into 8 sections and wiped each eye lash twice and it took it right off.

I later learned that Blepharitis is caused by Staphylococcus. I also found out that the wipes, which have Benzethonium Chloride and the wipes in the UK have Benzalkonium Chloride are called Quats. These Quats kill Staphylococcus.

If the person is not allergic to shampoos, detergents, fabric softeners or spermicidal jellies they can use these. The wipes have lanolin in them too and some are allergic to that.

If you look on this site at Honjon's information, you will see that he could not look at T V very long. He used the wipes in the UK and did great.

If not allergic to these things you can give it a try as I can't tell you the relief it brings so fast.

I tore them (5x7) into 8 strips. Just enough to wrap around the fingertip and rubbed on the eyelash area twice. Did that 4 times a day for a week and a half. Then went down to 3 times a day for a month. After that, it was 2 times a day for 2 months. Honjon went down even faster. Several people who worked did it twice a day and had succuss too. One girl said her eyelashes grew back in.

Ulcers were once incurable too. They are a bacterial infection and now killed with an antibiotic.

You can kill this and still wear mascara too. You have to buy throw away mascara wands and new mascara. Never put a used wand into the mascara. You use 2 wands each time and 1 for each eye. Always wash eyes with 2 wash cloths. I used white so as to put in the bleach load.

Hope this information helps her. What have you got to lose if not allegic to the items I mentioned.

Thinking of you,

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.