Blepharitis misery

Posted , 8 users are following.

After years of searching for help with my eyes I was finally diagnosed with blepharitis about 8 weeks ago. My life life had been completely miserable lately. I have had allergies and horrible eczema since I was little ( I'm now 54). The dr seems to b helping me as much as possible . I'm doing the lid scrubs, taking oral doxycycline for 4more months using prescription allergy eye drops twice daily and preservative free drops up to 4x daily taking Allegra daily using erythromycin ointment on eyes 2-3 times daily for 2 more weeks just finished steroid eye drops but truthfully I still feel and look horrible!! My daughter is getting married in May and quite frankly I just want to feel normal again Is there anything I'm missing the loneliness I feel is horrible I don't think people understand how debilitating this can be!!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI Terri I feel your pain, I only devleoped this horrible condition in April 2016 and it has destroyed me with anxiety and plummeted any little bit of confidence I ever possessed. As a woman its not nice when the choice of wearing eye makeup has been taken from you. Ive tried many forms of treatment but I am not giving up or giving into it , as my sister remarked recently "think of some of the major illnesses that they have found cures for".....Folk on this forum are very helpful and very supportive so  keep in touch, PMA, if we keep willing it to go away surely it will eventually. WE must all keep hoping

• Posted

Thanks for your uplifting reply!! I too am not losing faith that one day things will get better so for now I'm just following dr's orders and trying to plug along one ( miserable) day at a time ! In the meanwhile the holidays are quickly approaching and my daughter is due to give birth at the end of the month so I'll just b grateful for that !!!!

• Posted

It took two and a half years to get my bleph under control but I feel I am now on top of it. The trick seems to be to learn just how bleph is for you as an individual and what works as it's different for everyone. I find scrupulous eye hygiene, heat treatment, 6000 mg of omega3 daily, one fexofenadine antihistamine tab daily and drivesafe reaction specs (for photosensitivity) help me enormously. I have a heavy cold at the moment and am extra aware of how it's affecting my eyes which feel hot and sore but that's from the cold I'm sure.

Merry Christmas to all the bleph sufferers on this site. Hope your bleph doesn't spoil it for you. Xx

• Posted

Terry I sympathise with you. I have bleph too.  One of the symptoms of this desease is dryness which I successfully defeated. Drops and ointments are not enough. My doctor recommended to buy Tranquileyes goggles by  Eye Eco, Inc. I put them on every night. On the nights when I don't put them on next day I am miserable.

They remove  a lot of discomfort. I still have to work hard on bleph but at least there

is some releif.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.