Blepharitis onset age and connection with dark circles

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone!

Since there is mentioned on almost every site that this condition mostly affects the seniors it is weird to me that i developed it just at 20 years old. Is there anyone in the same "boat" as I am?

And for my second question do you think that there is some sort of connection between blepharitis and dark circles because I got this almost simultaneously so assume there is a link?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Unhappily blepharitis now affects a great deal of the worlds population and it is thought that addiction to screens is the problem. Lack of blinking and therefore stimulation of the meibomian glands go hand in hand. Cutting down drastically on your screen time is the biggest factor in helping blepharitis before it gets too bad. Also make sure your eyes are always well lubricated.

As to dark circles under the eyes: Yes, I have also read that they seem to develop in sufferers from blepharitis but there are other factors. Genetics is one; look at your Mother.Father, etc. Do they have dark circles? If you are dark skinned you are more likely to have dark circles. Lack of sleep can cause black circles.

I have very dark circles under my eyes and they have been there since I was a child but I didnt develop dry eye or blepharitis until I was about 45. Connection? maybe, but there are probably other factors as well. Its one for continued discussion I think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.