Blepharitis solutions

Posted , 9 users are following.

Had blepharitis now for over 10 years and have had flare ups every few years.

I've read a few threads on here where people have recommended using wet ones as they have an ingredient called benzethonium chloride.

I love in the UK and have bought some wet ones that contain benzalkonium chloride.

Could someone on here tell me the difference between these 2 chlorides? I've read that they are the same thing but have different names depending on wether you're in the UK or the States.

Also could someone please tell me the best way to test blepharitis using wet ones? Do I leave them on the eyelids for a few minutes or give them a quick wipe or scrub?

Thanks

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh, Grogger, I am so sorry the WO are not working for you. I can imagine how depressed that must make you. If the blepharatis is very bad it must take a while to control. Do not give up yet.
    • Posted

Well it appears I may have spoke to soon about the wet ones not working!!

I'm on day 3 with them now and using them in conjunction with a heated eye mask and I can see an improvement! The past 2 mornings I've woke up with a sticky right eye in the corner still and still have a bit of gunk but after I wash my eye, use the eye mask for 10 minutes then clean it with a wet one it is clear and looking healthy!

The eye mask is worth its weight in gold and feels really good after I've done an eye massage. It's still early days but even if this is the best it gets I'll be happy!

• Posted

Great Grogger! I am so happy for you. It took me a few days to see an improvement and I was not so bad as you are. I am now to all purposes normal, I can see better than before which tells me that I must have suffered with mild blepharitis for a few years and only became acute in January. It was a good thing.

My mask is arriving today I hope, I am using a huge wheaty bag, not comfortable but effective.

Keep up the good work, I sure will for three months at least.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.