Blepharitis symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I was told I had blepharitis in December last year (puffy lash line, dry eyes). I was told to use wet cotton wool and bathe my eyes and take care to clean the eyelashes/lash line. I no longer have puffiness but do have very dry eyes at times and other times they feel watery but don't actually water? Is it typical for blepharitis to one day cause dryness and the next feel watery? There's no redness or discharge. I can't see an optician at the moment as they're closed due to Covid-19!

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sarah.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If having a flare, I wash my eyes and face with Vanicream facial cleanser,(several times a day) I use Vani-lotion as moisturizer because it is not too heavy to clog pores and pure. Sometime just a cool splash of water. Thera Tears eye drops in individual packets (keep them in refrigerator) it feels wonderful.

Then there are a few products from Ocusoft, wipes, etc that work. Its basically finding what works for you. I had a severe flare for a couple of years......I manage to keep in under control with a few flares now and then. Usually a flare is set off by a trigger.....sweeping garage does it for me as well as working with mulch.

good luck, all the products are available at CVS or Walgreens as well as Amazon.

• Posted

Sarah,look after that dryness. Try to get Hypromellose drops from any pharmacy/chemist. Ask for artificial tears. You can use them as much as you want.

• Edited

look up "dry eye syndrome" and "meibomian gland dysfunction" on google. I have been using restasis ( prescription) for several months now and it is helping. Also, I use individual vials of sterile eye drops. Until I read about it, I had no idea treatment was so important. Depending on medical advice, you may be appropriate for "Lipiflow" device. best of luck bh1

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.