Blepharitis treatment

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have like many others suffered from blepharitis for years, over the last 8 months it became unbearable. After trying multiple prescriptions and over the counter products, nothing worked anymore. So I researching everything I could find on the internet about blepharitis and found out that dermodex is the most common cause of it, and there is a simple, effective, inexpensive, non prescription treatment that naturally heals eyelids and I want to let others know. It's TEA TREE oil and it works. Since I use it every night at bedtime ( don't wash it off) for about two months, my eyes are much, much, better. It stings at first and takes several weeks for full benefit but kills mites, everyday eyes get better and better!! Cleridex has tea tree in it and is easy to use, or just use plain tea tree oil 50 percent. Hope this helps you, if u are like me and tried everything, but haven't tried this, it saved my eyes. 

, effective

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Thank you.  I too am trying everything.  I am using Wet Ones and honey and trying everything that others have used. I bought tea tree oil but it says to dilute it.  Do you dilute it and...what is Cleridex?  Cream or pads or what..Please advise.  I need help with this awful blepharitis.  Thanks...
    • Posted

Cleridex is a wipe with tea tree oil you can buy on amozon etc. Got good reviews but i guess it burns like heck for some people the first few minutes its on.
    • Posted

I bet 1 out of 4 of us have this for the resson for our Belhparitis,definitely worth investigating, i go to my eye apt tomorrow, definitely going to push for more answers about this. Thank you.
    • Posted

I went to two eye doctors.  Both said there is no cure...Just try to manage it...Sometimes it goes away on its own all of a sudden, but then it comes back a few weeks later. Doctor said it could lay dormant for a while, but it never goes away.
    • Posted

Is dermodex also a wipe? I have been using Wet Ones wipes and manuka honey...So far, nothing has helped.  Maybe I have to be more patient...Wet Ones has some kind of stuff in it too that is supposed to kill the mites..That is what I read on this forum from a lot of people...
  • Posted

Yes I diluted 50 percent tea tree oil and 50 percent castor oil, but then I found the cliridex wipes and it does the work for you and puts it in a wipe. Make sure your eyes are clean, no makeup, then wipe it across lashes back  and forth, don't rinse it, at bedtime, that's it. It will kill the mites and that takes approx. three weeks. Good luck

• Posted

Hi All

firstly, thanks to Heike for the info and contribution. I was back at my Oph last week and enquired about using cliradex, he said they are fine but expensive if Im prepared to pay. Before I order them I have a concern, Ive been in on the Cliradex site and give a demo on how to use them. I cannot see any evidence of wiping the lower lids which is the problem I cannot seem to shift even after a month on doxy. Lower lids are still swollen and marked. Eyelashs still look like they are covered in sand...I raised the issue of Demodox and basically was told this is all hormone related yet from my own research it seems once you have these scales on your eyelashes its all down to Demodox. Im totally exasperated at this stage and am desperate to get rid of this.....

• Posted

Cut the wipes, I use them several times, or use tea tree oil. If your eyes are crusty, sore, swollen in morning, ( they come out at nite) it's likely you have mites. Soo hope this helps you, best regards!

• Posted

Oh and yes you wipe the rim of upper and lower lid several times, I also used doxycycline, and about a dozen different precriptions, nothing helped. Now I don't need any of those, they are in pile in bathroom.

• Posted

I have been using Wet Ones for months and it is controlled, but I still will have a flare up about every two weeks. How often do you use the cliridex per day? Also, just to be sure, you are saying you reuse the same wipes more than once? I am willing to do anything to not have relapses! Should I order one box or two? How long do you use them, forever? I know that's a lot of questions, but as I said, I will do anything if it helps! BTW, I bought some wipes with tea tree oil, but they didn't seem to work any better than Wet Ones, but I know Cliradex has a patented ingredient which is a particular type of tea tree oil (or something like that!) which is apparently why it is suppose to work where others fail.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.