Blepharitus

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can anyone tell me how to use tea tree oil for this condition thank you.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Be very careful with tea tree oil. If you are not using rea tree wipes (very expensive) dilute the gtea tree with coconut oil, 1 part tea tree, 4 parts coconut. Burns like hell.

Not sure if it works.

• Posted

I was told you can dilute it with coconut oil, but have been fearful of trying it because it might burn.  Wet Ones are working for me. Good Luck.
    • Posted

Thanks, I'm going to try the BlephEx treatment on Friday and they use a tea tree solution with it so I'll let you know x
    • Posted

Dear Shirley,

Can you ask the doctor the ratio of tea tree oil that they use. It could be helpful to those who want to use it as it does kill staph too.

Thanks,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi £55 pound consultation and 90 per treatment and you need treatment every 4/5monrhs that's in uk
  • Posted

A caution about coconut oil and tea trea oil. I am currently trying out coconut oil to see if it might help with my bleph and I find that it is VERY oily. It gets into the eye easily so mixing it with tea trea oil is quite risky. Tea tree oil is very toxic and it can cause damage if it gets into your eye. I tried TTO a couple of months ago and would not do it again unless I was absolutely sure that I had a demodex infestation. 

Good luck.

• Posted

There is a new wipe Blephadex Tea tree and coconut oil, use every other day....TOTALLY ineffective
  • Posted

I Have used Tea Tree oil 1 part TT 5 parts olive oil, burns like hell , no improvement. Clidadex $43.00 a box Tea Tree Oil , absolutely causes major pain, not effective and once I put Pure TTO on my eye lids, dumn move, never again. Has showb to be effective on Demodex

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.