Blephartis severe

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been battling a severe case of Blephartis since September. It is not under control and I have bad flare ups every 3 weeks even with every treatment known. I know don't over treat but when your appearance and comfort is unbearable you have to do it all.

I was my face and eyes with a foam type cleanser, then use Wet Ones (red type) wrapped on a qtip to each eye lid margin. I wait 10 to 20 minutes and use preservative free eye drops, then apply Blephaclean or Cliradex. Sometimes Ocusoft max (light blue packet) this is a morning and night time.

Between I shower and wash eyes again use a Blephaclean wipe. I only can use a gel type eye moisturizer, lotion seem to cause stress, rash, tearing. I vari routine if I have a lot of desqualmous peeling skin and use ocusoft wipe in dark blue packet to remove skin then rinse. I will use a Systane wipe at times.

I know it's a lot but I have to do it at times during raging flares even in between I follow a morning and night routine and a lid wipe during the day.

I need a new job but who would hire me looking like a zombie? I would like a new relationship but how do I meet someone. They keep saying its common condition, well then how come I never see anyone with this? It's a pain in the ass, horrible disease and I don't understand why it's chronic and no cure. I have allergies but this Blephartis is a horrible condition, my quality of life is affected.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Try using coconut oil on the thickening skin around youreyes...it has many natural antibacterial properties and is a gentle way to deal with the tender skin. If your lids are puffing up luke mine did every day for ttwo weeks just now, use cool compresses to get the swelling down.

Iduring flareups Refresh LacriLube before going to sleep and vaseline under my eyes to prevent too much skin thickening is helpful too.

I hope you find the right treatment for you so you can get back to a more normal life again soon.

I find taking an antihistimine helps with the weeping eyes and the itching, drinklots of water and take Omega3 supplements, one to twograms. Good luck.

• Posted

Ok, this might not work for all but it has been an absolute lifesaver for me. I also had blepharitis that started in September... not had it since I was in my twenties (now in my 50's) so a bit out of the blue.

Absolutely NOTHING worked until I thought, 'What would I use if it wasn't my eyelids?' Well, for everything else, I swear by Pawpaw lotion so in desperation I tried it. It has a Vaseline-like consistency but if I used Vaseline my eyes would be very puffy from the greasiness but the Pawpaw has worked brilliantly on my encrusted, sore & itchy eyelids. Yes, I still get dry patches & a little peeling skin, especially in the inner corners but it is nothing like it was & it improved very quickly too. I still use the cleansers & everything else but the Pawpaw has been amazing. I put it on at night, after cleansing. I use Lucas Pawpaw from the Pawpaw shop (online) but there are other brands. I can't promise it will work but I feel your desperation & it worked for me. I still get watery eyes but without the soreness & encrusting it's more bearable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.