Blepheritis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, my blepharitis is getting me down! I'd be grateful if anyone can advise on treatment! At present, I'm washing my eyelashes with a baby shampoo! Regards May

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Baby shampoo seems to be the "go-to" doctor recommended treatment, but was completely unhelpful for me. I use the Wet Ones wipes regime. Others have found relief using Manuka honey. Keep reading these discussions for treatments others have tried with great success. Good luck to you.

• Posted

Do you shower every morning?
    • Posted

No, I don't David. I've had Blepharitis for approx 10-12 years now!  These past few days have been quite annoying! I use Johnson's baby shampoo several times a day! Some days aren't too bad! Regards May

• Posted

May, I have had this for about 15 years and gave up on the Johnsons baby shampoo treatment a long time ago as I found it far too drying. Get some Baby wet wipes and try wiping the edges of the lids with these. Some people find Manuka honey is very good although I havent tried it myself.   You could also try Cliradex wipes which are recommended by many sufferers.

If you are in UK ask your GP to prescribe some night time eye ointment. Many use Lacrilube but I prefer Simple Eye ointment [in the red box].

Have you thought it may also get worse at this time of the year due to Spring pollen?  I take Cetrizine allergy tablets one a day when this happens. You can buy these in most supermarkets.

What are your symptoms that are really troubling you? 

• Posted

Tea treaoil, one drop baby shampoo, was and rinse eyes well, use q-tip to apply Manuka Honey, all around inside rim of eyes. Then moisterise your face only. 🤗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.