Blimming anxiety

Posted , 13 users are following.

Does anyone feel anxious all of the time and find it hard or impossible to relax completely? I am shattered with it but can't relax properly either.

3 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hello yes me too.... I am constantly exhausted with anxiety and stress... feeling like I have a million things to do and not being able to settle down to do any of the tasks at hand.... find myself laying down and having a nap during the day to calm my mind.... weird.... at least I am not alone, thought I was going nuts....xx
  • Posted

Hi alison,my anxiety is worse in the morning. I think I have more time to think about things before the day begins. I'm sure that I am making myself sick. This is by far the worst issue i am dealing with.

• Posted

Hi all

Yes, the anxiety is the worst for me. Its bad in the morning because its when the seratonin is at its lowest and the cortisol peaks... So it's chemical, nothing to do with anything you're doing. Unfortunately when you're anxious, this chemical imbalance in the morning is really hard. I find if I get up and get out of the house for a 30 min walk, it kind of hits the reset button, and the anxiety is a bit more manageable than when I sit worrying about it. It also burns off some of the cortisol. Good luck all xx

• Posted

Hi try some neroli oil in a diffuser .i just found out about it and it works a treat . Anxiety has died down so much it’s unreal . Also you can get an aromatherapist to do you a mixture with clary sage and lavender also that you can massage into your skin. Hope this helps x
  • Posted

Going through exactly the same thing.  I’m a mess with this anxiety I too can’t think straight, finish tasks or even relax to sit down.   I’m nauseated all the time as well due to the anxiousness.  Also, this makes my eyes and muscles around my eyes feel tight which makes me feel off balance and dizzy.   Not a fun time.  You’re not alone, Alison!  
  • Posted

Yes..  the other day I was freaked out about my parents dying and what would I do and how I would cope..  It was awful and just wanted to cry.  This morning I had a zillion things going thru my head about getting it all done and what was I going to do..   I finally got out of bed to do some floor exercises to get my mind off of it.  It worked BUT now I'm thinking about what I need to do today, and this week.  It's a vicious cycle and often feel alone..

• Posted

You are not alone Kelly, we are all with you. I like to get a bit of routine into my day, it makes it less scary. As per post to Michelle, I start by going for a walk, then do some jobs around the house. I work from home but at lunchtime I do 15 mins of mindfulness, work the afternoon, then early evening get tea sorted etc then go for a run. It gives me a bit of control, but if you feel like crying.... You cry! Don't hold it in, it's normal (as normal as this gets). Focus on what helps Kelly and set yourself a daily task to fit those things in. Look after yourself, big hug from me xx

• Posted

Thank-you!!  Yes I know others feel like this...  I meant my husband and kids leave it to me or don't comfort me like some men do.

• Posted

Mine too Kelly. I think he just doesn't know what to say or do to help really. He's looking for a nice understandable answer to 'how you feeling?' and what he gets is ' ooh I dunno, bit hot but cold on the inside, butterflies like I'm excited but I'm terrified, of something but I don't know what it is. Also my left boob hurts, but not the right one, and my vaj feels like sandpaper but only sometimes, and my legs feel wonky even though I can walk, I feel faint but if not wired'........ It's easier to plod on and cook and clean and act as normal, rather than look at his perplexed face! He does care, just can't fathom what the hell I'm on about smile xx

• Posted

Hysterical. Exactly what goes through my mind when he asks me “how are you?”.  I have given up and just answer “I’m fine”. Lol
  • Posted

Yes I’m exhausted in the afternoon but can’t nap ! Feel like my body is vibrating . 
  • Posted

Hi Alison,

I've been to the doctor about this very thing, this week. I couldn't take it anymore. I have been on quite a high dose of HRT as I had a total hysterectomy last year. The doctor felt that the anxiety I was feeling (along with sickness and bad headaches) was too much HRT and i the dose has now been halved. Might be worth a word with the doc if you are on HRT.

Take care

• Posted

I was wondering about this. Going to try and get to gp today, unable to get to work feeling like this.
    • Posted

Yes I cut my patch in half as the full dose giving me headaches and acne 
  • Posted

Hi Alison, yes been there it's a pain the rear you may need to find some kind of meds to help you through this as the menopause can last for years... It does eases with time but no one knows when because when your periods finish it then bites even more but with time everything starts to settle down hope this helps.

• Posted

Yes so true I’ve had panic and anxiety for years and just learned to live with it and limit things I do . It’s not a great life but unless you want to do pills everyday . I’ve done all kinds of therapy...  too many to mention but it still rears it’s ugly head . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.