Blind spot problem or something else !

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Frndz,

I have a problem which doctor quote under " nothing can be done".

I was suffering from lazy eye problem by birth in left eye i have very high myopia as in lazy eye have. Doctor advised me to go for refractive surgery as it will be benificial for me. he said if this is not done brain might turn the signals from left eye off and you can have no vision in left eye. 

i have undergne IOL implant in my left eye at the age of 20 and my vision got change to 6/6 ( with lack in depth perception). doctor told me my retina is not fully developed or vision system is not fully developed.

suddenly after some days i saw a big blind spot in my left eye i rushed to doctors and they said everything is good and you do not need to worry this might be as retina is weak.

after some months like 6-8 i have a about 2 % of blind spot in my right eye ( which is not operated ).

i again rushed to main 5 doctors and big cities no one can identify where the problem is.

i myself searched on internet and find out what could be the problem is and i got encountered with blind spot. every person have a blind spot but its brain magic that we dont notice it.

my left blind spot area is large.

can anyone help me with the treatment or any advice which can be helful i am 27 of age now and i feel too depressed about this.

i swicthed my job because of this problem Please help me or any advice.

If someone is interested in dealing with my case i can send OCT scan and all documents on email id.

Will be grateful !

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you shut your right eye and look straight ahead where is the blind spot and what shape?

Do the same shutting your left eye......where is the blind spot and shape?

• Posted

When i close my right eye it is 5-8 CM from the center and it is big it has shape as of rugby ball it account to around 20 % of my vision field.

when i close my left eye it is also at the same point and oval shape account to 3 % of vision field.

I tried hard to ask doctors what is the point i didnt have that till i was 21 of age. they say i have no symptoms of any other disorder (touchwood) my retina is weak. 

• Posted

Now open both eyes and stare at a piece of blank white paper. Where are the blind spots? and shape?
    • Posted

Left one is overlapped by right one and right is overlapped by left one vison

but left eye has low depth perception my dominient eye is right so i can feel a bit blind spot normally while looking through right eye.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.