Blip 4 weeks in

Posted , 6 users are following.

Today is the start of my 4th week and I feel like my anxiety is getting worse. I have bad health anxiety and the last few days my mind seems to be constantly looking for something to worry about such as looking at moles and skin blemishes or thinking ive found lumps etc. Everytime i get reassurance it moves to something else and when i try to focus on something else its nagging away in my head

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hey 4 weeks is soo early. unfortunately it will take much longer to have so relief from this horrible anxiety. for me I would say it was at 12 weeks where I started to feel some what of a relief. up until 12 weeks I was a horrible mess anxiety was in control completely. I was doing quite well for the last 2 weeks then now at 16 weeks going trough a blip again. just stay on he same dose for another few months and then you will start noticing benefits. this is a very slow working medication and its different for everyone but it's absolutely normal to feel very very anxious at 4 weeks. I'd say for me week 6 through 11 was the most horrible weeks. just carry on I know it's hard.

• Posted

Hi Lala

I am 5 months on citalopram 30 mg I am mentally alot better but physically I feel so lethargic still which is really not helping my health anxiety. I am hoping doctor will do me some blood tests as not had them done since August. I just want to feel better.

• Posted

hi I suffered the same always thought I was going to have a heart attack and die. stopped going out for a while as thought what if I collapsed when I was out. it does get better I started on 20mg but in the end was on 40mg can honestly say I'm so much better all the thoughts have gone away. some days I do get a bit anxious but nothing like it used to be. I'm now on 30mg . keep telling yourself you are going to get better I know it's hard but it will happen. I used to find reading stories on this forum really helpful because everything I was going through so many people were too or getting better it gave me hope.i hope it works out for you too x

• Posted

Thanks Lisa, how long did it take for you to start noticing a difference and your anxiety start to ease?

It does help reading everyones experiances on here as my health anxiety has been really bad recently and the side affects of these meds plus the symptoms of anxiety make me worse with the aches and pains along with the sore, burning or itchy skin x

• Posted

hi

it took roughly 8 weeks to kick in and then every day after that the anxiety got less and less until one morning I stopped and thought I dont feel anxious and that was quite a strange feeling too as I hadn't felt like that for so long. the anxiety I get now is just like anyone else would get

• Posted

Hi Graham

i have been off meds for a little over two years now and practically anxiety free. My issues are health anxiety too! just today i started feeling a bit anxious as started a new diet and feeling a bit dizzy diarrhea etc. Immediately anxiety soars! i am now able to just let it happen and to resist fighting it and it will go away. However for you on meds hang in there it will get better! The second time on meds it was terrible ,anxiety sky rocketed and it took from July 2014 until mid October before i stopped feeling anxious. The morning anxiety was the last thing to go.I know its easier said than done but try not to fight and fear it because it will pass. ive been exactly where you are and survived. ive had anxiety since my 40s and now in my 60s but got it to manageable,but even now have my moments.

• Posted

Hi Felis I also suffer with health anxiety and have been on Citalopram for 5 months now. My mental health is now so much better but physically I am struggling with lethargy, muscle twitching, floaters in the eyes etc.i have had terrible trouble with swallowing and could only just manage soup at the beginning am eating better but still struggle and find it hard. I had debilitating panic attacks and was housebound for weeks. I have had neurology appointments privately, head and neck mri, swallow tests camera down nose and throat, endoscopy all ok. I just struggle that this is all down to anxiety which again is loads better. I had 3 months off work from August to November too. Just need constant reassurance. I see doctor 4 weekly he says I don't need more blood tests as had them in August again all ok. I just want to feel normal once more for my family. Sorry to rant on.

• Posted

Hi Felis, thank you for your message im glad you are now much better it certainly gives me hope.

The increased anxiety and all the side effects and anxiety symptoms are awful especially when we suffer with health anxiety already

• Posted

Hi Graham it is just debilitating 5 months now on 30mg mentally I am so much better and can function but physically I am not still lethargic. muscle twitching, floaters in eyes etc.i have had dreadful swallowing issues. Mine all started in June with health anxiety and then escalated by August I could hardly swallow soup. I am better now but still find it uncomfortable. I have had private neurologist appointments, mri of head and neck, Endoscopy, swallow tests all normal. Was off work from August till November with debilitating panic attacks. I just want to feel back to how I was last May!! It is a journey definately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.