Blip after a year on 15mg! Anyone else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been on 15mg of escitalopram for over a year now. I've done really well for the past year. 100% back to how I was without anxiety.

A few weeks ago, I had to put our 5 year old cat to sleep due to heart failure. It was really awful. Around the same time, I had some family drama going on. Plus, someone I had planned on going on a big trip with for two years suddenly and unexpectedly backed out of the trip. The trip is in a month and a half, and I'm now dreading it since this person backed out.

I'd slowly felt a bit of anxiety creeping in, starting with loss of appetite. Then I had a few nights of insomnia. I'm now in full on blip mode: sleepless nights if I don't take sleeping pills (which I hate doing, and adds to the anxiety), no appetite (great for weight loss, I guess!), starting to obsess over "the anxiety".

How do you guys handle blips? Any tips for getting over one? At what point do you start considering increasing to a higher dose? I really don't want to get into the habit of increasing/changing meds every time something bad happens in my life.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i am too on 15 lexapro. sounds like you are having a little run of life stress. ive read these blips can come even after a year. when i was on paxil it just kept getting better and better as years went by. talking to katecogs these blips eventually go away and yes stress will make them pop up! the ssris will not make us immune from stress. i cannot tell you what to do. i do know we have to be careful making these decisions when anxiety is on . and i know when i had the blips also during stress i just stayed with same dose and the blips passed!!!

try excersise and do things with positive friends and family make yourself busy to stop obsessive negative thinking.

hope you feel well soon!! it will pass!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.