Blip????????Desperate

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im citalopram for 8 weeks now on 20mg been doing much better pas 2 weeks but with up and downs, went back to work. Started to do more of the normal daily things. 2 days ago however i started to feel really anxious again back to square one, feeling sick no appetite, low mood and feel like crying and sound sensitivity that seems to be a new one. Feel like going crazy again and so desperate. Please share your experiences and tell me is this normal or not to feel so bad after feeling so much better??? I am blaming it on the period also as i am due soon but how can it affect the anxiety so bad its horrible. Any reassurance and encouragement is really appreciated.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi

It is normal dont worry it will take a while to get back to normal it is still relatively early days . i have been on them for 3 years still get blips but nowhere near as bad as they were first you r doing really well going back to work just take 1 day at a time u will.get there

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply did you get them so bad that you thought that you are back to square one as that's how I feel now. how long did it take you to feel back like you were recovering properly? second time on cit is so much harder then the first time I was on it.

• Posted

im withdrawing and im bad for a week before my period and the week during!

• Posted

yeah the period affects me so bad last time also I had a horrible week when i was on my period made me sooo anxious seems like it the same now

• Posted

Hi, it does seem to be normal part of the healing process especially during the early days. Ive been on citalopram for 8 weeks now. I had a blip about two weeks ago just before my period. My anxiety came back and I was so worried that i would be back where I started. The blip however was short lived, I will be expecting more of them and accepting that they are part of the healing

• Posted

how are you feeling now is it much better? at 7 weeks I was better. but now just so unwell.

• Posted

Hi lala, I'm feeling better each day. you have to try and take each day as it comes the blips do happen but you get through them. The healing process is slow, you've had good days and that shows the medication is working. Take each day as it comes and don't give up hope, you will get through this.

• Posted

I was the same as you feeling better and the blip came as a huge shock and I was panicking so much about it. I do still have bad days but the good days are getting more frequent. Accepting that the blips will come and that healing is a slow process has worked for me. it will get better!

• Posted

Hi Lala, are you feeling any better?

• Posted

Lala you're not going crazy you're just having a blip. if your getting some good days then it's all good and the meds are starting to work. Hang in their and fight back. it's still early days you'll be back to your old self soon. Paul

• Posted

hi im exactly the same - bad blip today - no sleep, tears this morning and really bad physical anxiety this afternoon. Had a better week last week but a very busy weekend. i think maybe we pushed ourselves too hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.