Blip from being sick or need to up dose?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey everyone I've been on here numerous times and have had plenty of help from everyone so I'm back with a question. Now I've been on Celexa for around 9 months. With my anxiety i had panic attacks and continued shortness if breath. It has been great the last 6 months, feeling like normal, able to breathe and feel good going about my daily life . About a week ago I was hit with what I think was the flu and or Bronchitis. I feel better and feel back to normal but now I'm suffering from the same shortness of breathe and anxiousness. No panic attacks which I am verry thankful for. But I feel run down and cant breathe sometimes. Is it from being sick or is it a blip? Should I up my dose to 20mg?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi As you were doing so well on Celexa before you were ill I would be very cautious about increasing dosage. Have you been to Doctor in case you have chest infection? You are bound to feel run down if you have had the flu or bronchitis as it takes several weeks to recover. I would give it at least another week to see if you feel better.

• Posted

I havent been to my doctor, I will wait it out another week. Usually when I have a blip it lasts about a day or 2 then it goes away. But if its a blip it's been a pretty long one that's why I said about upping my dose. My chest us tight with a burning sensation and hard to breathe.

• Posted

Hi William

I wouldn't up the dose until your chest is clear otherwise you are going to get additional start up effects on top of your tight chest and breathing problems which would be a nightmare to cope with. If I were you I'd see my doctor first to see if you have a chest infection, you may need antibiotics. Take care.😊

• Posted

Hi there, it's a blip from being ill. It can knock you a bit. I'd just let things settle again, if I were you.

• Posted

Hi William,

I too had panic attacks and anxiety. Stay at your dosage don't go up. Whenever you go up or down you can have side affects. It's from being sick. i had that when i was in my 7th month I felt like i was going backwards. My friends here helped me through it. I stayed at 10 mg and still am on 15 months.

It took me 8-9 months to fully recover. Your doing great. I know as i get older things don't go away as fast. Keep us posted of how you are doing.

Will

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.