Blip or something else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been on citalopram 40 mg since mid October. I started feeling like my old self again towards the end of December. This is my second time on the drug and it really did help me the first time and I was on it for about 8 months. I was doing really well this time too, until the end of last week till now. I'm not feeling the depression but just anxiety; and its not as bad as it was in the beginning. The thing is.. I was taking one tablet 40 mg and got a refill that was for 20 mg and I started taking two of those. Would that make a difference on the drugs effects or how I would react to it? I think I know the answer but just wanted to make sure if it was that or just going through a blip? I have a doctor appointment in half an hour and will also ask my doc. Thanks in advance for your advice.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Its definately a blip the exact thing happened to me was doing fine then had a blip lasted about a week .

• Posted

I have been on Citalopram 40mg for a week. Before that I was on 30, and 20mg for nearly 10 years. Since January I have been going through a bad patch. I am now worried that my medication isn't working as I am suffering from severe health anxiety. I read somewhere that if one's dose is increased it makes the anxiety worse for the first 2 weeks. Is this accurate?

• Posted

Yes, if not longer. Should be fine though. Always make small increases til you get to desired dosage. This will minimize side effects. After a small increase, allow time to level off, 3-4 weeks, then go on up.

• Posted

Thanks Michelle. Yea, I just got back from the doc. and she also thinks it just the blip. She said to just to keep taking the med and to let her know if things don't get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.