Blips

Posted , 4 users are following.

What are the best ways to deal with blips on celexa?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Kayleigh,

Blips are difficult. I had my first blimp a month ago and had another one last week. I just kept trying to tell myself it's all part of the process but that is much easier said than done. Try not to let them get you down. I am on week 13 and am still having them which bums me out. I am and have been on 20mg since the entire 13 weeks. I'm debating whether I should try to up my dose. Reading other people's stories on sites like this also helped me.

• Posted

The best way you can because, only you will know how at the end of the day.  We are so individual that all you can do to start your journey through the blips is to read and post and gradually find yer own feet.

Timothy has nailed it!  Don't let them get you down, you may feel low, but the idea is to accept they will occur and keep moving forward.  If one day you don't feel like getting up and out and you can do this don't, stay in bed or have an emergency duvet in your favourite relaxing room outside of the bedroom.  Lay it out crawl under and curl up until the feeling passes. 2 years in and I still get the odd blip, my fiancee and I know it is happening and we adjust and carry on.  If she takes over the cooking or something else I was going to do I can, if need be, just sit and relax or get the duvet out!  I needed to increase all the way to 40mg (not everybody does) and levelled out there.  As I did the side effects fell away and the blips became less and less.  Now levelled, like anyone else, we have good days or bad days.  Mind you with a lifestyle and attitude change the blips are few and far between really!

Keep reading, posting and learning!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hey David

How long did you stay on 30mg before moving up to 40? I've been 30 for about 3 weeks now and where I do feel a little better the I did for the 10weeks or so weeks on 20 I still have the cloudy heavy headed feeling and it's like my eyes can't focus on a particular thing for more than a min or so and I know it has to be anxiety because when I'm not thinking about it I feel great until I realize how good I feel and soon as I notice the anxiety does to and comes rushing back so I was wondering how long you stuck it out on ur journey to 40mg, I know not everyone is the same but I'm a very impatient person and this is like the worst thing to have happen to someone like as it has ruined almost 6 months of life in total so far and I want me back if I can even remember what it is to feel like that anymore lol.

• Posted

Morning 33cody,

You are part way to helping your own recovery by admitting you are an impatient person.  This is not your fault, but the system (not society) we live and work under, the very same that help bring me crashing down.  However, that Impatience can slow down your recovery, if you can only try and relax, do not think "I'm feeling good!  I wonder how long this will last" which only causes tension within.

My personal journey began when I saw my GP.  Fortunately, my old GP had retired and the next available one they gave me knows a lot about sticking plasters for the brain and I realise how lucky I was.  I started on  10mg and after a couple of appts at the month mark she advised increasing to 20mg I began to cling to the positives and upped to 30mg after another month which she said I could do if I felt it would help.  After another appt she could see improvements and tthen suggested I needed to go to 40mg to level out.  I did and have not looked back.

Looking back, it has been a long journey since being diagnosed with work related stress, which nearly killed me and that was Nov 2014.

I gave up smoking, drinking (although I do enjoy an ale or two on the odd occassion, I gave up eating processed foods as these are laced with whatever and cause chemical imbalances and taking regular exercise (once I good leave the house even though we do have an exercise bike)

You have to remember Cita is not a quick fix, it has to repair the damage that has taken place.  Do not be eager to return to a life, work or lifestyle, that brought you here in the first place.  This is a chance to start again with a fresh start a fresh outlook.

Regards,

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.