Blips. All part of recovery?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I've been on cit now for 25 weeks. I am on 30mg and have been for 10 weeks and was 20mg previously for panic and anxiety. I have come a long way and can now function normally but I'm still getting days where I feel unrest. I have felt pretty much back to normal over the past 2 weeks but today I've been off again. Felt panicky and restless and I've done nothing to set it off. Is this normal or not? If it is how long before these blips stop? Makes it worse after feeling so much better.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

wait till youve been on it for 10 years and you look back and realise you should have been on it much earlier in your life. i still get blips now

• Posted

I am also on 30mg, started on 10mg at the beginning of September then 20 then 30 for the last 16 weeks so 5 months overall for anxiety and depression. I was off work for 3 months had debilitating panic attacks and also lost my swallow living on shakes and soup. My swallow has improved but I still find it uncomfortable. I have had numerous tests for this but all have been normal. I suffer with health anxiety too. My mental health is so much better but physically I still do not feel right ie muscle aches, twitching, lethargy eye floaters have also. seen a neurologist and had neck and brain mri all normal. I am sure some of this is due to the medication. These tablets do take a long time to work.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that June. It sounds like you're having a bad time of it still. I know these tablets take a long time to work so hopefully you feel better soon. I was just hoping the blips would have stopped now

• Posted

They will keep persevering it appears to take a long time for your body to recover as all your nervous system is having to heal.

• Posted

What are peoples experience of how long it takes to settle on a dose? And what are peoples time frames of the blips to stop? I am also finding that if I have a few days off in a row from work I start to get tetchy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.