Blistering Rash

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had an itchy rash that suddenly appeared one night its blistered into yellow blisters and is now turning a deeper red color have had this for 7 days now and the blisters are still raised and not really being relieved. Just wondering if anyone else has had anything like this or can advise on what it may be. Have posted before and had some say it may be Bullous Impetigo or a poison ivy rash, have been to the doctors and they had no idea what it was and to come back in 3 weeks if it isn't cleared but think that's too long to wait as I honestly have no idea where it came from as its only on my lower left leg. Just a little confused as to what it is and where it came from as I haven't used any new products or hurt my leg and have never had anything like this so it's very strange. Only other symptom is that I feel quite fatigued and a little groggy and have had moments where I've experienced headaches and a little nausea and have had a moment where my throat felt a little like it was burning but more than anything the rash and the itching has been the worst. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

image

0 likes, 6 replies

Report

6 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi I have this as we speak. Am seeing dermatology urgently. They are suggesting bullous urticaria or urticarial vasculitis. Biopsy done. Your doctor is being an absolute fool that must be checked out super quick. Go to a and e. Is it burning? Mine did. Poor you. I felt so unwell with it.

    Report Reply
    • Posted

      Thank you so much am going back to doctors tomorrow to see a nurse it's nice to have someone like you actually understanding and who can relate! Have had a few moments of feeling under the weather especially headaches and nausea not burning so much as itching like crazy... Hopefully will get something sorted tomorrow and have some progress... Doctor just said that it was probably where I caught my leg even though I haven't hurt it in any way at all literally just appeared overnight. Only worried as it seems that I'm the only one concerned as my doctor just thinks we're hassling them. Thanks again for your help! Really appreciate it. Will update tomorrow.

      Report Reply
    • Posted

      Yes do update me. This usually happens as a result of your immune system backfiring. Is your general health ok? I have an auto immune disorder and sure that's why I have it. I get test results on Monday so will share with you.

      And not shingles. I have had shingles before. It's very different and dermatology didn't suggest that. Mine was over arms and legs. Shingles normally appears in a tight band and blisters are small. Not like these at all.

      Report Reply
    • Posted

      Hi, have been back to doctors but was told to see a practitioner nurse instead of a doctor, she didn't know what it was either just been given iodine patches and sterile plaster cushioned type covers for it, blistering has gone down a little bit but it's still quite red and the skin underneath looks quite red too... With the blistering going down I've been noticing a small amount of yellow fluid drain too so seems to be working at the moment but just concerned as I've had this for nearly 2 weeks now.. The nurse I saw said it looked like a burn but I assured her I haven't burnt myself at all don't think anyone at my surgery can figure it out. Just annoyed that no one at my doctors surgery can tell me what it is or could be.. I had low white blood cells about 8-10 years ago but they said a year ago that my cell count was up and I have had a heart condition and been on heart medication for 4 and a half years but was completely taken off that medication about 3 weeks ago. As for my immune system I don't really know haven't had that checked at all really in the last year or so, so not too sure to be honest.. have been told if it hasn't cleared up soon to go back so just going to have to be a waiting game really.. I really appreciate all your help 😃

      Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up