Bloated.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone else feel so uncomfortable and bloated? I feel like all my insides are poorly. I woke up in the middle of the night with right sided stabbing headache. My right shoulder/back aches off constantly all day and i feel absolutely shattered.  But i don't get gallbladder attacks just stabbing pains and a dull ache in that area.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Yes I do. I ache where gallbladder was like a pulled muscle. Intestines bloated and sore. Stomach pain and reflux too. I eat healthy and take digestive enzyme and probiotics too! Has your gallbladder been removed?
    • Posted

No i still have my gallbladder. I am seeing a surgeon next month.
    • Posted

Hi, I too am still having bloating particularly at night. Get that tightening feeling on right side when eating. I also strangely sometimes get a nagging ache where I imagine appendix to be! Iam 4 months post op. Have you been given any idea when you will be rids of these symptoms? I don't have any prescribed medications and I did hope it would settle on its own but I dont know how long to leave it and see. I do take probiotics and vitamins. I have also taken a months course of artichoke tablets. I don't seem to be able to find much information. There was no follow up at the hosptial and it was a bit like, great that's out go see how you get on you should be fine. I would be interested to hear your views on it, thanks
  • Posted

Hi dianne, I seemed to have had most of the symptoms you have before I had gb out. Only had 3 attacks (that was more than enough they could last for a week) but everyday nagging ache dragging you down making you very tired. Also the headache I read (I'm not greatly into these things but always interested to listen) about the maridian lines in the body and the gb one goes right above right eye on your head and some believe it give you headache if gallbladder not working correct. I had the same as you intense stabbing headache off and on, interesting.
    • Posted

Yes i keep getting stabbing pains above my right eye and a dull all over headache. I am just baffled because i don't get attacks though.
  • Posted

Have you had ultradound scan yet? Maybe it is early stages and you will be able to control it rather than having gallbladder removed. If the stabbing is like cramps it seems it is the gallbladder trying to push out the bile. My doctor said it will keep going until it is exhausted then the stabbing pain will pass til next time. I have since read that buscopan helps with this but I didn't know at the time so haven't tried it myself.
    • Posted

Yes i had an ultrasound last week and i have a 2cm gallstone. My back/shoulder aches constantly all day everyday.
  • Posted

Oh right so you might well have gb removed then after discussions with your surgeon. I too had stones and I noticed I couldn't lie in the bath or do things like carrying heavy bags or stretching without real discomfort. Also i noticed if I bent down to quickly like when gardening I would pinch as if it had got stuck and make me draw breath. That backache and stabbing pains have gone since op thank goodness. Just left with these niggling problems now thats all.
  • Posted

hi

I was told 18 months ago I have gallstones, after feeling ache on right hand side under my ribs.

I was scheduled for gb removal a year ago but had tonsilitis so it was cancelled.

I need it removing I think, but am so scared.

I too have more or less constant right side niggling, sometimes I take paracetomol other times it's fine, but can always feel it.

I'm tired a lot too, but have 3 young children so not sure if that is gb related.

I too have headaches sometimes and seems right side more often than not.

I have private ins so could get in quickly if I wanted too, so keep holding off something which I know will need to be done soon.

When it's bad I'd go in tomorrow, but on the flip side when things ease I think in my head it's not that bad.

It's always on my mind and worry about getting an attack all the time x

• Posted

Maybe you should at least go to the doctor and have a some new tests done example ultra sound or cat scan. I never had a gallbladder attact either but I also have gallstones and it possibly cancer. It's better to be safe than sorry. I would go and recheck yourself.  Good Luck
    • Posted

I had an ultrasound just last week mary and all that was found was a 2cm gallstone.
  • Posted

Dianne , activated charcoal always clears my bloating ,maybe you could research about it

And some people find gallbladder relief by eating a lot of red beets or its juice because its suppose to thin your bile , it did help me.

Hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.