Bloated and slightly constipated for 6 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

So about 6 weeks ago I was just sitting in a chair when I get very odd pains in my upper abdomen. Almost like pins & needles on the surface. After a few days I noticed I was bloated and it has basically been this way for the whole time. My stool is harder to pass and sometimes looked a bit thinner but overall it seems fine in terms of I can't see blood or anything like that. Foods don't seem to digest as well either. Taking fiber is huge help. Had an xray done, no kidney or gall stones. I had one kidney stone back in 2012. Two ultrasounds showed that everything looked fine in terms of gall bladder and kidney though my right kidney has some simple cyst but the report says no follow up needed. Overall, I am constantly bloated, feels like mostly lower abdominal area. I have a colonoscopy in a couple weeks but I am thinking I should tell them I want an mri or ct scan of my abdomen. I feel like I haven't even heard them talk about IBS, IBD, maybe something else like a parasite, tumor, who knows. At first they chalked it up constipation but I have never had that before. 36, male, white, work out multiple times a week, no drugs, no alcohol or smoking. As far as I know there is no family history of any cancer. My parents, grandparents and aunts and uncles never had any.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could be IBS.

• Posted

Thanks, I was thinking maybe IBS-C. Never had anything like this before. Eat any food, as in grains, mile etc. Never felt any mild effects. Also, forgot to mention that my labs were all normal, as in blood, plasma and urine. Only thing docs' have seen a few times over the years is a slightly elevated bilirubin count, but not enough where they told me it was concern, like 5-10% over what is considered the "normal" range.

• Posted

I would wait to see what your colonoscopy shows first before asking for more tests. Take one step at a time. Ask your doctor about IBS.

• Posted

If you are not satisfied with the professional medical opinions you are getting then it's time for another opinion or two.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.