Bloated and windy!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys, don't know about you all but I feel really bloated at the moment. Ive been on these things for nearly 2 weeks and although I have had no rushing to the loo kind of experiences I feel sluggish and a little constipated and also full of wind :oops:

The first week I was very saintly and didn't eat more that 1'450 cals per day and my fat intake was minimal. This reflected in my weight loss as I lost a whole 7lb which was a minor miracle for me!!!

I don't think I have lost much this week though. I have been ok with what I have ate but have had a couple of days where I had 2000 cals and a bit more fat, plus its my star week.

I suppose what Im turning around in my mind is whether the pills actually increase the weight loss or just deter us from eating badly in the first place, ie. if I stuck to a low fat low cal diet would I lose the same whether I took the pills or not???? That is the million dollar question...... am I feeling bloated unneccessarily!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

the blues work in 2 ways, the 1st is that they eliminate 1/3 of the fat you consume i.e if you eat 12g for dinner only 8g will be absorbed. the 2nd is that it works as a deterrent. constipation is normal in early weeks, drink plenty of water, it will pass!
  • Posted

Yes I understand that but is there any point in taking one if the meal you have eaten is very low fat or fat free? For example my breakfast consists of cereal and semi skimmed milk both less than 2%

I was thinking if I didn't take as many whether I would feel less bloated etc..... perhaps just take one at my main meal when I would have meat? Or do they have to build up in our system?

I wish there was proper advice from the makers of this drug and the doctors instead of this suck it and see approach!

• Posted

i've seen that its not advised to take one if there's no fat or if you skip a meal. i guess it would be up to you on the low fat meals, how low is low fat and would you rather a 1/3 of that was not absorbed etc. i found the bloatyness stopped after a few weeks along with the constipation, maybe just your body adjusting? have you tried something like senakot to relieve the bloatyness?
  • Posted

Someone I know didn't take one at breakfast...\"sure I'm only have cereal and semi skimmed milk...there's no fat in that.\"...I said wait a minute, look on the cereal packet...did you weigh the cereal...how much fat does the packet say per gram? How much milk did you have....how many grams of fat was that.....this person was shocked that there was fat in cereal or indeed the semi skimmed milk.....hey, where to we get corn oil from etc. It's a big learning curve. As the Americans say.....\"go figure\" (sorry no pun intended! LOL!).

As we have all done what you do is a personal decision only you can make.

Best wishes for the next weeks...we've all been where you are and it will pass....oh dear...shouldn't have said that!

• Posted

Oh I don't know maybe its just me being rebelious about taking the pills in the first place!! My daughter has just had a moan at me for not taking them.

Ive just worked out my average cal intake this week has been 1600 and it is my weigh in tomorrow so ill see if any more has come off or not!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.